Technical Consulting Engineer - Cloud Collaboration Solutions Support
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
The Business Entity
Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center is team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding business outcomes for our customers and partners including industry recognition and high level of employee engagement. The Cloud Support Organization within Customer Experience continue to drive industry-leading Cisco solutions and assist our customers migrating to software, cloud and XaaS.
The Cloud Services team provides second/third level technical support for Cloud / Hybrid solutions and Cloud-enabled endpoints on a worldwide basis via inbound/outbound phone calls, email, web and remote access. We provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions for Cisco customers, partners, account teams and collaborate with other TAC engineers to resolve issues.
Role & Responsibilities
· Support Cloud and Hybrid Products: Webex Services (Call, Message, Meet), Webex Hybrid Services, along with phone and conferencing endpoints connected to the Webex Cloud.
· Provide highest-level technical support to help resolve complex customer problems from on-premise to Cisco Cloud.
· Engage with the Engineering Business Unit to influence the quality and serviceability of the products you support.
· Ensure that technical documentation (not included in the product documentation) that is needed by customers to effectively troubleshoot the product/solution is created and available for use.
· Innovate – Identify and work with BU to enhance tools, script automation, or other activities that will enable the TAC engineer to work more efficiently and speed accelerate issue identification and resolution.
· Coach and mentor others to help them advance in their career.
· Participate in delivering and exceeding customer service level commitments.
· Typically requires BS in a technical field or equivalent plus 3 to 5 years related experience.
· At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in support of Cisco Unified Communications or Business Video Solutions.
· Understanding of Webex - Cloud application services, or Software as a Service (SaaS).
· Good understanding of call control protocols
· Hands-on Experience - Log Analysis (SIP/PRT/Wireshark/Http log/Fiddler)
· Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
· CCNP, CCIE Collaboration highly desired
· Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting SaaS solutions, enterprise applications, solutions and/or collaboration infrastructures is required. “Real time” service support environment experience is highly desired.
Skilled understanding of:
o Networking – Routing Switching (TCP/QoS)
o Microsoft Solutions (Exchange, Active Directory, LDAP)
o Microsoft (IIS, SQL), VMWare, Linux, SSL Certs
o Strong working knowledge and support experience of Microsoft Office, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android OS.
o Cisco Unified Communications Manager
o Telepresence (VCS Expressway, VCS controller, TMS, Conferencing)
o Protocols (SIP, RTP, DTMF, SAML, SMTP)
o Web Proxy
o Web APIs
· Ability to provide leadership across entire collaboration solution to lead a technical team to find and resolve customer issues
· Lead by example, mentor, and train others
· Ability to work with Engineering architects to influence serviceability and usability design