Technical Consulting Engineer - Jabber, Presence, Contact Center, CUCM, WebEx (2+- 8 years)
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You’ll Do
The teams provide 24 * 7 break-fix, Pro-active and Reactive support to our Global Premium Customers. TAC expects that our engineers demonstrate a high level of customer network intimacy by working very closely with them and understand their business priorities.
Cisco is seeking a Collaboration TCE. The position has the following responsibilities:
- Solves product & network problems of high complexity. Has solid understanding in Teamwork technologies
- Provides consultation to independently solve sophisticated product and network problems
- Efficient utilizes sophisticated lab setups to duplicate and seek problems.
- Provides systems/product training and intellectual property material
- Acts as a point of contact for large account network problem resolution
- Submits complete and accurate defect reports in area of expertise
- Consults with other teams such as TAC and Engineering teams in Cisco to assist Customers
- Work towards continuous learning, results orientation and partnership.
- Ability to motivate change through innovation.
Who You’ll Work With
CX is a team of best-in-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers plan, design, deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through exceptional financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Who You Are
- Ability to analyze, configure and seek Collaboration solutions.
- Technical specialist in at least one area (Contact Center, Video conferencing)
- Solid grasp of Networking industry, products, and protocols
- At least 5+ years' experience with Cisco collab products such as CUCM, Voice gateways, Cisco Meeting server, WebEx, Cisco IP Phone series and Telepresence solutions
- Sound understanding of the following Technologies vital: Signaling Protocols (H323, SIP, MGCP, SCCP, ISDN), JTAPI, Call Routing, QOS, SRST, Fax protocols (T38 Fax Relay)
- Specialist in more than one area with a wide understanding of Networking technologies and Cisco products (this is a variable based on our requirement).
- Good understanding of VoIP (SIP, H.323, SCCP, MGCP)
- Scripting Knowledge (Python, Perl)
- In depth understanding of solving methodology and case management tools.
Experience & Education:
- Minimum of 2+ to 8 years of experience in a trouble shooting / customer facing environment
- B.E/B.Sc. in Electronics, Telecommunications, Electrical or Computer Science
- CCNA, CCNP and/or CCIE Collaboration preferred
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.