Technical Consulting Engineer - Applications Support
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Support Engineer will be the point of contact for all assigned Accounts/Products/Tools.
• Diagnose and fix known technical problems for the given set of tools/products supported for the region or accounts.
• Point-of-Contact/Partner for internal teams.
• Need to be flexible to work on other platforms than their area of expertise, open to learn new technologies.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization is transforming the future of the world's networks through advanced software development. Our software products and technology are behind many of the world’s most innovative businesses, leading Cisco’s growth in multiple markets. CX develops products that leverage technologies from leading-edge capabilities like big data, analytics, virtualization, the Inter-Cloud, and security. Pioneering agile methodology, CX is building a customer-centric culture with self-contained and motivated teams that have clear visibility to our customers. CX achieves this market responsiveness in lockstep with product management teams – constantly aligning, prioritizing and accelerating go-to-market strategies aimed at making Cisco the #1 IT Leader.
The CX Support team seeks strong technical support engineers. Are you a good problem solver? Are you passionate about delivering solutions and solving issues? You will be the front line for new software and platform support.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Unix/ Linux Administration
- CCNA Networking Knowledge
- Excellent Communication Skills in English – both written & oral
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to establish and maintain confidence and take ownership of issues
- Active listening skills, ability to think creatively and innovate
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Scripting Knowledge
- Experience with Cisco UCS
- SQL database
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.