Technical Consulting Engineer - Application Support, EM7, Linux Admin (4 - 12 years exp)
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you'll do
In this role, you will run and maintain a huge number of servers using Automation and Network Management Software tools to run and report.
Who You'll Work With
Managed Services is Cisco-led ran IT operations for network, collaboration, data center, and security operations. This service provides enthusiastic management, monitoring and optimization of the infrastructure and processes to reduce costly inefficiencies maximize system availability and improve security and compliance. You will work with delivery teams within Customer Experience and partners to provide services.
Who You Are
- As a lead member of this Customer Experience team:
- You are an authority on Linux.
- You have worked as a Linux Administrator or possess hands on experience with Linux (CentOS, REDHAT).
- You love diagnosing and solving problems related to the operating system, hardware, network, and related software.
- You want to manage a team of operations engineers to solve complex problems.
- You can actively run and maintain performance including software upgrades, patch installs, system tests, and other scheduled operations.
- Working with team in evolving application infrastructure architecture and make recommendations for improvements.
- Reviewing system logs files for errors, settings up CRON jobs for back-ups and monitoring process.
- Leading all sys-admin functions of the servers, perform patch and software distributions, run security configuration of the systems, provide reports for management use, and demonstrate system health and compliance based on pre-defined standards.
- Complete routine maintenance, OS hardening, OS patching, auditing, and security compliance.
- You have experience with Virtual Computing Environments
- You can lead technical projects from requirements through implementation and day 2 support.
- Hands-on experience with Ansible or Splunk
- You understand or have working knowledge of Windows, WSUS, ePolicy Orchestrator Agent
- You know ITSM/ITIL basics and have worked with NMS software before
- You exhibit excellent social skills
Bachelorís Degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of Transactional Application configuration and maintenance experience
- around 8 years of relevant industry experience
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are hiring teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Invent crafting unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will alter everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world.