Technical Consulting Engineer -
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do:
Support Service Engineers provide expert level technical services on a worldwide basis both remotely and on-site for Wide Area Application Services, UCS-E servers and ENCS servers (NFVIS). These services cover every phase of the post-sales customer lifecycle: plan, build, and run.
Who You'll Work With :
The Cisco Support Services group provides support for customers around the globe. Your opportunity to impact the networks and systems that surround us all are limitless and highly impactful. Opportunities for career growth at Cisco will be bold, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
This is a role for a technical minded person that enjoys troubleshooting complex problems. The role will also offer extensive training and development within the Content Distribution Network space. The successful candidate will have proven ability to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success.
Who You Are :
- Deliver expert level technical assistance and troubleshooting for resolving critical customer hardware and software issues
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity
- Effectively utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
- Act as a technical expert and provides support on a worldwide basis
- You can handle a wide range of technical support problems—from simple application or network configuration fixes to deeply complex troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise discernment within defined procedures to figure out appropriate action
- You deliver solutions that lead to problem resolution or mitigation with a high level of customer satisfaction
- You are able to effectively engage resources outside your team to resolve issues which may include other technical support engineers, account teams, partners, and development engineers
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent).
- 2+ years of experience in deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, and debugging networks (direct customer support experience).
- Good technical foundation in networking (CCNA equivalent level or above) is required.
- Knowledge of basic Routing and Switching and excellent TCP fundamentals.
- Knowledge of application layer protocols like HTTP, TLS and SMB
- Working knowledge of Virtualization technologies, e.g. VMware, Openstack & NFV
- Strong communicational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Passionate about and have the ability to learn and work in a multicultural team environment.
- Motivated by a service excellence attitude.
- Drive to achieve goals with limited supervision.
- Preferred Certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CCIE (on Routing and Switching), RHCSA/RHCE