Technical Consulting Engineer - Advanced Threat Solutions (AMP/ThreatGrid/SecureX)
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What you'll do
In today's highly connected and increasingly social world of complex and sophisticated threats, Cisco is addressing these risks by offering outstanding security protection. You will be challenged, learn and be energized as you resolve sophisticated technical issues in this ever evolving landscape. Make an impact, be a part of elite support by becoming a part of the Sophisticated Threat Solutions (AMP/ThreatGrid/SECUREX) support team within Security TAC. Want to know more about AMP? Check this out:
Who You'll Work With
Our team is made up of highly-responsive and driven technology professionals who love what they do: Enabling our Customers by enabling Cisco Technology! We provide 2nd/3rd level technical support on a worldwide basis 24 x 7 x 365 to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers. In this role you will focus on reactive measures including diagnostics and analysis, troubleshooting and recommendations. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth and diversity of technology knowledge is limitless!
Who You Are
We're looking for team members who enjoy engaging with customers, have been impactful using their technical training and experience in a Support Engineer role and have knowledge in the following designated technology focus areas:
- Provide technical support for ATS (AMP/ThreatGrid) products to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
- Work challenging network problems which require strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Attend ongoing technical training and work on assigned projects that will improve and further develop the success of the technology.
- Bachelor's or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3 to 5 year's practical experience in configuring, supporting and troubleshooting networks.
- Experience working with Linux/OSX/Windows operating systems
- Experience with VMware
- Familiarity with Network proxies
- Understanding of security protocols- SSL, IPSE, ACL and security policies.
- Successful candidates should have strong written, verbal and listening skills.
- A current Cisco Certification is required.
- Prior experience with AMP products (ESA/WSA/A4E/Firepower/ThreatGrid)
- Experience managing/deploying network security (ACLs, whitelisting/blacklisting)
- Knowledge with Email security/server deployments
- Experience deploying/supporting Windows+Applications in a business/enterprise setting
- Understanding deploying/supporting AV in a business/enterprise setting
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to establish and maintain confidence and take ownership of issues.
- Excellent teamwork skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco