Technical Consulting Engineer | 4+ years
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Service Provider, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
What you do
Cisco Managed Services group seeks a Technical Consulting Engineer with expertise in Core Routing & Switching with hands on experience in one of the following - DNAC / SD-Access, Cisco SD-WAN, Cisco Wireless, Cisco Meraki. As a Technical Consulting Engineer you will gain hands-on experience and the ability to earn industry-leading certifications. You will be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues. You will solve our customers' toughest problems, ensuring that our customers get expected business outcomes, providing a superior customer experience. All CMS team members are expected to add value in the following areas:
- Understand and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments)
- Follow and participate in the improvement of established team processes
- Identify and adhere to cost reduction measures
- Accountable for following established team processes
- Understand ITIL framework (Event, Incident, Change & Problem Management)
- Collaborate with peers and cross-functional teams
- Maintaining knowledge required to perform role effectively
- Participate in regular synch ups
- Actively share / develop innovation and automations for continued improvement
Who you'll work with
Cisco is a team of special guides whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores. Your opportunity to impact the health and performance of networks and systems that surround us all are limitless. Your career growth options will be BOLD, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and passionate engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. "Work hard, play harder" is the motto of the team.
The team is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 12 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring great value to the table.
Our team has global presence located in 2 US centers, 3 centers in EMEA and 2 India centers.
Who you are :
You are a self-starter who requires little oversight to achieve your goals and meet your objectives. You work well with others and are truly a team player. Technical knowledge and customer satisfaction is in your DNA. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are able to see the big picture even when analyzing multiple complex factors under pressure. You are a technically capable of resolving the majority incidents within your technical expertise and understand the fundamentals of troubleshooting.
- Take ownership of incidents
- Accept technical escalations from lower support tiers and assist them
- Provide remote troubleshooting support and perform analysis in large complex networks with mixed media and protocols
- Utilize lab setups to duplicate and solve problems and validate planned changes
- Support and collaborate with CMS and cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues
- Engage TAC / BU as required to resolve complex technical issues
- Strive for continuous learning, result orientated and teamwork
- Develop expertise in specific areas (i.e. technology, product)
- Participate in daytime and night/weekend on-call rotation as required
Attributes of a successful candidate
- Excellent TCP/ IP networking skills
- Expertise in Core Routing & Switching (at least CCNP level)
- Good understanding of Routing and Switching protocols - STP, PVSTP, MSTP, LLDP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP etc. with strong hands on troubleshooting experience
- DNAC / SD-Access, Cisco SD-WAN, Cisco Wireless, Cisco Meraki
- Possess strong Communication Skills (Written/Verbal/Presentation)
- Fantastic team player
- Flexibility in working hours to work in a 24x7 environment
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new technologies, processes and procedures
- Works towards continuous learning, results orientation and stronger partnership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, multi-functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment
- BE/BTech degree with 4+ years of related experience in IT industry
- Fluency in soundness disciplines (availability, security, etc.) and operational disciplines (systems management, change management, etc.)
- CCNP R&S/SP required (CCIE desired) with hands-on troubleshooting experience
- Python knowledge desired
- ITIL Knowledge desired
- Proven track record in an industry or horizontal solution area
- Ability to tackle problems with innovative ideas. Assume complete ownership with regards to the engagement with client and partners
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.