Technical Consulting Engineer (1395254)
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Compensation Range87500 USD - 122200 USD
What You'll Do
The person will be responsible for providing technical support for Cisco Small Business products and networking technologies to Cisco's customers and partners world-wide. The breadth and diversity of technology exposure is second to none. All Case Manager Team members have strong "core" networking skills with specialist technology skills in areas like core networking (Routing & Switching) or advanced technologies like Voice, Security, and Wireless
Who You Are
- Typically reports to a Case Management team manager
- Builds strong team relationships with other Customer Support Engineers, Sales team members, and Engineering team members
- Enjoys sharing knowledge
- Effectively solves problems both alone and as part of a team, depending on the nature of the incident.
- Connects directly with Cisco customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues.
- Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about Cisco.
- The engineer will provide technical support to partners and/or customers for Cisco small business products, technologies, and/or solutions.
- The engineer will typically be responsible for resolving moderate to highly complex technical problems, depending on the customers' need.
- The engineer will simulate technical problems in lab environment.
- The engineer will share their knowledge with other people.
- The engineer will raise some specific problems to the responsible Business Units for product enhancement.
- The engineer will work closely with his colleagues and Sales/Engineering team members to achieve common goals.
- The engineer will strive to technical excellence and expertise.
- Strong "core" networking skills, including Routing, Switching, and Network security (essential)
- Profound knowledge in two or more of the following areas: Routing, Switching, Network Security, and Wireless (essential)
- Knowledge of Voice Networks, VoIP, VoIP protocol (advantageous)
- Strong knowledge of Data Security Fundamentals, Encryption standards, and VPN (advantageous)
- Fluent English speaker (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Autonomous worker with team spirit (essential)
- Good teammate (essential)
- Eager to learn. Technical curiosity to assimilate new learning quickly (essential)
- Flexible: Able to adapt to a changing environment (essential)
- Out-of-the-box thinker (essential)
- Performs well under pressure and in innovative environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand (essential)
- Capacity and passion to the customers. Good customer engagement (essential)
Industry or Sector Experience:
- Prior experience in a technical support capacity (advantageous).
- Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential)
- BE in Computer Science or equivalent recommended
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) (essential)
- Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) (advantageous)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.