Technical Consulting Engineer (1376370)
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) TAC team is a team of extraordinary technical specialists whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. You can measure your success through excellent financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provides second/third level technical support on a worldwide basis via phone, email, web and remote access for AAA products, protocols, and solutions.
- Working knowledge of the Networking industry, products, and protocols.
- Apply Analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate-high complexity.
- Effectively utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems.
Who You'll Work With
Our team is made up of highly responsive and driven technology experts who love what they do: Enabling our Customers by enabling Cisco Technology! We provide 2nd/3rd level technical support on a worldwide basis 24 x 7 x 365 to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers. In this role, you will focus on reactive measures including diagnostics and analysis, as well as, recommendations. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth, and diversity of technology are limitless!
Who You Are
We're looking for team members that are trained in Networking and Security products and technologies. Using your knowledge and on the job training, team members provide support for CISCO Security products (Identity Service Engine (ISE), Trust Sec, Wireless LAN Controllers, Basic Routing and Switching, Radius, EAP, and TACACS).
This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone with perseverance, an empathetic view of the customer, and good customer relationship management skills to hone their skills and advance their career by contributing to customers in the form of current and future types of post-sale services.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering (Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent).
- 2+ years of experience in designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, and debugging networks (direct customer support experience).
- Good technical foundation in networking (CCNA equivalent level or above) is required.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- You're passionate about and have the ability to learn and work in a multicultural team environment.
- You're motivated by a service excellence attitude.
- You drive to achieve goals with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of Cisco network security products, protocols, and solutions such as Identity Service Engine (ISE), Trust Sec, Radius, EAP and TACACS.
- Knowledge of basic Routing and Switching and Wireless LAN Controllers.
- Certification: Cisco CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, or CCIE security
- Programming skills: Python, Java, Linux
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.