Technical Account Manager I ThousandEyes - Portuguese speaking (sourcing requisition)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
About ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the Role
At ThousandEyes, we operate a little bit differently than most software-as-a-service providers: We’ve recognized that delivery of amazing customer experience is key to driving longer term value and creating customers for life. We hire industry veterans - people with tried and true experience in the area of network-based service delivery
The TAM role is a proactive support role for premium support accounts: you’ll be responsible for supporting a select number of named accounts, aligned to the customers business hours, and not working on a rotational shift. The TAM will work closely with the 24x7 support team to ensure the total team can support a customer on a follow-the-sun model. The TAM provides select account premium support for those that purchase the TAM service, and the key value includes providing customers with a named support engineer who understands the customers team and network. TAM’s work customer problems, help optimize customer networks, provide training, and also work joint proactive projects.
- At least 5-7 years of support experience within a Technical Support, Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, or Technical customer-facing organization
- At least 5-7 years of working directly with customers, within a technology company
- Excellent Portuguese speaking communication skills (C1 Level)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent working experience
- Expert understanding of network and application protocols (Cisco/Juniper certification strongly preferred - CCNA/DEVNET/JNCP, etc. )
- Experience with Cloud/SaaS software products is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of ISP, CDN, and cloud service provider networks
- Strong understanding of web technologies and VoIP applications
- Hands on experience with hypervisors such as KVM, VMware, Hyper-V, and VirtualBox
- Hands on experience with container administration tools such as docker and kubernetes
- Working knowledge in security, authentication, permissions, SSO
- Experience in administering Linux based operating systems
- Passionate about enabling a consistently excellent customer experience. Dedicated to champion the customer problem until the resolution path is identified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Heavy focus on using data to articulate messages
- The ability to work effectively in a remote or virtual team environment
- Excellent presentation skills coupled with a strong leadership presence
- Excellent time & project management skills, with a focus on delivery
- Initiative and desire to learn new skills/technologies and remain up-to-date with the latest trends; real passion for problem-solving
- Flexibility to handle critical cases after hours as needed
- Support - Work break-fix issues with customers. Escalate to support team as required
- Optimization - Optimize customer systems to ensure peak performance
- Proactive Customer Engagement - Establish and ensure highly collaborative relationships with support teams and customers/partners. Build value-based relationships with customers, leading to referral and renewal. Leverage enterprise data analytics to transparently track and report on customer engagement
- Cross Functional Engagement - Establish and develop highly collaborative relationships with internal teams. Collaborating with Sales and Engineering to address product issues, and identify workarounds & solutions
- Escalations - Assume the role of escalation manager when needed, and ensure timely communication to all stakeholders for escalated issues with a high-impact, or strategic visibility. Coordinate handoff of ongoing issues to the next geographical region
- Customer Experience - Ensure a great customer experience in all team interactions. Measure and continually improve
- Projects - Project manage many projects concurrently understanding current and future action items
- Special projects as assigned
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.