Technical Account Manager - High Touch - Cloud Security
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
What You'll Do
- The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is the Primary Support contact for strategic Cisco Cloud Security customers and partners.
- The TAM provides invaluable technical guidance, support, and input to win new business and build strong, long term relationships.
- The TAM partners closely with Technical Support, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and other departments to ensure a clear understanding of the customer/partner environments, challenges and requirements.
- The TAM will foster long term partnerships with customers & partners by aligning their business and technical goals with Cisco Security's vision, mission, and strategy.
- The TAM defines and drives the technical account strategy with a deep industry and technical background, aligning with the Account Manager’s sales initiatives while advocating for the customer from within Cisco Cloud Security.
- This TAM role is focused on triage for Cisco larger customers and will often be required to address certain one-off consulting situations as well as technical issues for our customers.
Who You'll Work
- Our team works directly with our largest customers providing white glove customer support.
- The Technical Account Management team is responsible for all technical aspects of support for the customer.
- You will have the opportunity to influence how customers deploy and utilize Cisco Umbrella.
- Be the primary technical contact for strategic customers and partners.
Ensure prompt and appropriate resolution of strategic customers’ and partners’ technical challenges.
- Provide training, consulting services and best practices to strategic customers, partners, and account managers.
- Coordinate with cross functional groups to identify challenges and recommend solutions in a prescriptive manner including best practices, feature requests, usage analysis, and customer feedback.
- Provide clear and concise information regarding customer and partner accounts, needs and feedback to key stakeholders.
- Develop an expert level understanding of Cisco Umbrella features and benefits.
- Identify and work with the Account Manager on cross sell and up sell opportunities.
You’ve got exceptional customer service and time management skills with the ability to multitask and a track record for delivering excellent results in a timely fashion. You have a thorough knowledge of SaaS products and strong networking skills. With these skills, you communicate complicated problems to a diverse and possibly nontechnical customer audience effectively.
- CCNA or above, or equivalent proficiency
- Excellent communication skills when working with a diverse customer audience
- Strong understanding of basic office network environments including network security measures (e.g., firewall, proxy servers, routing, IPsec & IKEv2, anti-virus, anti-malware, spam.)
- Strong understanding of common network protocols including TCP/UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, SMTP, etc.
- Experience with IPsec tunnels and proxy implementation and troubleshooting at each point of failure
- BA/BS degree (or relevant work experience)
- 5+ years in customer facing Support, Professional Services, Implementation or Client Service role
Preferred Experience Any/All of the Following
- Experience with the Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) product space
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows (current Microsoft supported versions)
- Mac OS (current Apple supported versions)
- Debian based Linux Distributions (current Debian or Ubuntu supported versions)
- VMWare ESX/
- Microsoft Azure
- Current Cisco network security appliances
- ~20% Travel may be required
We connect everything people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.