Vulnerability Management Technical Account Manager -
Location:Offsite, Denver, Colorado, US
Alternate LocationCentral U.S.
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Compensation Range109900 USD - 159800 USD
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Cisco is taking Vulnerability Management to new levels, giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we see phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have robust venture funding and an astonishing team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible.
As a Software Consulting Engineer (TAM) you will be a part of Cisco’s Customer Success team, reporting into the Leader, Customer Success. You’ll guide a strategic portfolio of assigned customers for quick and consistent technical adoption.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in customer success, resident engineer, network engineer, or similar roles in the vulnerability or risk management space.
- Minimum 2+ years of work experience in account management or sales capacity.
- Bachelor's degree required in an appropriate field of study.
- Experience in configuring, testing and troubleshooting various networking products/solutions.
- Technology and systems: Comfortable with the following software: Zendesk, JIRA, Salesforce.
- Hands-on scripting experience preferred.
- API familiarity is required.
- Own the overall technical implementation and relationship with assigned customers.
- Increase adoption, training, best practices and feature requests through strong technical knowledge in the security and risk management space.
- Establish a trusted/strategic technical advisor relationship with each assigned client and drive continued integration of our security and vulnerability products and services
- Maintain deep technical competence on the platform and provide both basic and advance training sessions for customers.
- Facilitate integration of Kenna into overall workflow in customer environments including operation with ticketing, compliance and asset management solutions (may require Kenna API scripting).
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction levels necessary to ensure renewal
- Advocate customer technical needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- Analyze and provide data to the product and engineering organizations to enable effective decision-making and prioritization.
- Create knowledge-based content such as troubleshooting tips and best practices
- Manage customer communications and expectations to resolve their issues and questions effectively and efficiently
- Manage internal/external communications and expectations during an escalation event.
- Facilitate and demonstrate effective and documented reproduction and problem identification
- Exhibit and inspire the highest levels of customer empathy and curiosity
- Demonstrating and instructing how to meet and communicate with the customer where they are at.
- Assist with team leadership required practices as-needed, including but not limited to reporting, upkeep of team materials and assistance with implementation of process improvement as it pertains to the Customer Success Team.
- Partner effectively with Kenna Security teams to address customer concerns efficiently and decisively.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with security products is a plus.
- People person: Loves working with people and providing top tier customer support to solve problems, teaching and training, and has examples of making a customer wildly successful.
- Team Player: Proven track record of adding value to multiple teams. Will work cross-functionally to help make customers be more successful.
- Excellent communicator: Present and communicate value, influence decision making, and convey credibility all levels of the organization including the executive level.
- Excellent listener: Proven track record of identifying customer pain points, uncovering additional revenue opportunities, and showing empathy to those they work with.
- Proven multi-tasker: Ability to manage multiple projects and activities at a time while paying strict attention to detail and deadlines.
- Problem solver: Track record of identifying issues and finding creative ways of solving the problem with positive outcomes.
- Inspiring and motivating: Inspire others' commitment to their work and organizational excellence.
- Availability to provide occasional after-hours support on a scheduled / non-scheduled basis.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.