Tech Lead - Strong Linux/Python/Ansible - 10-16years -Bangalore
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Security Business Group crafts build and deliver out-standing security products that form the foundation of Cisco’s innovative security architecture.
Cisco Tetration is passionate about providing a security solution to protect customer workloads whether they are running in data centers, in the cloud, or a hybrid of both. Tetration gives customers a unified platform to supervise workload activity and identify the activity patterns to build Application Dependency Maps. Building upon this information, Tetration allows customers to enforce security policies as close to the workloads as possible, in order to achieve micro-segmentation and zero-trust security.
Who You’ll Work With
Our team has deep product knowledge and broad technical knowledge about a variety of networking environments. We clearly articulate the technical differentiators of our products interacting with customers, channel partners, and the Cisco field. We work to identify customer requirements and prioritize feature development.
Tetration Engineering - Operations team is looking for an experienced Engineer with knowledge on the following skills
Who You Are
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field equivalent practical 10+ years of experience
- Love to trouble shoot sophisticated issues across multiple operating system environments
- Strong experience supporting, coordinating, and trouble shooting Linux servers, including application performance issues
- Strong programming experience in python, shell scripting (bash) and git
- Have working experience with automation using Ansible
- Expertise in investigating and trouble shooting application issues by tracing python applications and Ansible playbooks
- Experience working with tools like iptables, Wireshark, tcpdump, openssl
- Hands on knowledge of dns, dhcp, ntp and smtp troubleshooting
- Excellent troubleshooting skills at application, network and host operating system levels
- Good understanding of system/application security
- Experienced with package management tools (rpm, dpkg, apt-get)
- Experienced with trouble shooting web-based applications (nginx, haproxy, ruby)
- understanding of VMware, using OVA images to deploy Virtual machines
- Preferred Redhat Linux certified (RHCE), AWS Certified
- Hands on experience in docker/Kubernetes environment
- Good to have production support and architecture experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Good to have knowledge of Cisco UCS based rack servers in data center environments
- Willing to participate in a 7x12 on-call pager rotation
- Able to re-produce customer issues internally and work with development teams for solutions
- Execute tests, supervise, log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging sophisticated systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement
At Cisco, each person brings their outstanding talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while seeking for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco