Tech Lead- Software Product Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
This Software Product Manager role is an exciting position driving evolution of management and orchestration products Cisco Intersight Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering, which is a key element of the Cisco Unified Computing System / Datacenter and Cloud Management Platform. The ideal candidate will possess a broader view of datacenter technologies and be able to represent UCS as a whole to internal and external audiences. This position is part of an exciting, dynamic team responsible for recognizing market trends and identifying next generation data center needs. The Product Manager will drive the evolution of new products, offers and solutions in Cisco Intersight SaaS portfolio to address the market needs and establish a clear competitive advantage.
- Understand the technical and business competitive environment relative to Cisco Intersight and UCS Director offerings with emphasis on Virtualization, Compute, Network, Storage, ACI, Private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud technologies and various evolving datacenter networking concepts such as SDN , NFV and Containers.
- Manage all aspects of select new product offerings including concept validation, defining use cases, driving product requirements, pricing, developing marketing collaterals, demos, evangelizing with both internal and external audiences.
- Act as subject matter expert and provide technology guidance to the broader team in networking technology as it relates to deployment of Cloud, Big Data and Mobile applications as well as engage closely with global sales teams to facilitate product ramp and sales
- Represent Cisco at industry conferences and trade shows.
- Enable Cisco Go-To-Market efforts by training and supporting and the Cisco field team and partners, and enable world class awareness and demand generation by being a content contributor and spokesperson for Cisco Marketing Organization.
Who You'll Work With
Are you a hands-on, technical networking professional that is passionate about delivering high quality products and systems? You will be working with a world-class team of like-minded individuals, pushing the envelope in building and supporting the next generation of Data Center and Cloud Solutions.
Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) is an innovative solution that unifies computing, networking, solid-state application acceleration technology and systems management into a single integrated architecture, has received strong support from customers since entering the server market five years ago. Cisco UCS is a key part of Cisco's Data Center strategy with high growth expected over the next several years. Cisco UCS Director is leading Data Center Automation and Management Solution. This is key foundation for Cisco's cloud management solutions.
Who You Are
- 10 years industry experience with 7+ years of experience in Product Management
- At least 3 years Software Product Management experience managing Datacenter product offerings in Compute, Virtualization, Containers and Private Cloud.
- Strong Knowledge in Datacenter Technologies (Compute, Network, Storage, Virtualization) and Private Cloud is required.
- Direct experience in SaaS and software defined network domain (SDN controller, SD-WAN, Container networking, etc. across Private and Public Cloud Networking domains) will be a significant advantage,
- BSEE/CS and equivalent plus 10+ years related experience in Technical Marketing or advanced degree strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years industry experience with 7+ years of experience in product management. In addition, at least 2-3 years product management experience will have been managing Compute, Virtualization, Containers and Private Cloud.
- Strong technical knowledge of VMWARE, Hyper-V, KVM and Container deployment topologies is desirable
- Knowledge Cisco ACI and other overlay network technologies from leading vendors is a distinct plus.
- SaaS, CI/CD, devOps and AWS experience ideal, but not mandatory
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills Strong strategy, analytic, and messaging skills as well as ability to effectively engage and influence customer, partner, sales team and cross-functional BU decision makers
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those
connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco