Tech Lead / Senior SW Engineer - 5G/4G/LTE
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Wireless, Mobility
As a Technical Leader, you will be part of a world-class software engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies in Enterprise Routing Group. You will guide a multi-functional team of engineers to design and develop software for key mobility solutions that span across 4G, LTE, 5G-NR and other wireless technologies like Wifi 6. You will serve as a critical issue point for features owned, and dedicatedly participate in customer issues and calls. You will innovate with the engineering team across products, on quality and process. You will help to hire the best and improve team productivity. You will participate in PRD reviews, write Functional Specifications, code reviews, unit tests, and automation.
The Enterprise Networking Business (ENB) is responsible for Routing, Switching, Wireless, Security, and Core Software at Cisco—we are the largest revenue contributor for the company. You will assist with delivering market-leading LTE/4G/5G-NR, Wifi 6 and IoT solutions.
· Extremely motivated Technical Leader and passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
· Strong Experience in Cellular technologies, 4G, LTE and 5G NR specifically on RAN side
· Extremely strong system design and architecture of cellular products
· Strong design/programming ethic. Knowledge of designing large-scale systems in C/C++ environments is preferred.
· Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
· OS fundamentals and networking concepts is required.
· Experience in latest wireless technologies is a plus
· Knowledge in designing networking systems with forwarding, control plane and services preferred
- Typically requires MSEE/CS with 8+ years of related experience or BSEE/CS with 12+ years of experience
- Strong experience in Cellular technologies LTE/4G/5G-NR specifically on RAN side
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- Review PRD, Write SFS, Test plans, and other documentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work multi-functionally
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and protocols
· Proficient in C/C++, Python, and multithreaded programming, development of algorithms using efficient data structures to come up with optimized code
- Familiar with SCM tools, debugging tools like GDB, analyzing core dumps, memory leaks
- Working knowledge of test methodologies, including scripting and automation
- Good understanding of operating system (Unix/Linux) concepts
- Knowledge in network management systems (cloud and on-prem) is a plus
- ConfD understanding is a big plus
· Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
· You should be able to own large portions of the software from a technical perspective
· Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong team building skills. This role requires the ability to work across departments and with other teams
· Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
· Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
· We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
· We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records