Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestFinance
What you'll do
You will join Cisco's US Tax Planning and US International Tax Compliance team as a Tax Manager responsible for the US GAAP accounting of non-US based operations, the US income tax return compliance for non-US based operations.
US GAAP Tax Accounting for Foreign Entities (80%)
- Manage monthly and quarterly foreign income tax provision process for International entities
- Review quarterly calculation of foreign current tax provision and deferred taxes prepared by local controller and/or outside service provider
- Assist with collecting information required to compute the US foreign tax credit and other Foreign Tax Provision related projects
Tax Planning and Other Special projects (20%)
- Analyze automation opportunities across teams in order to drive efficiency in process
- Review changes in tax laws and/or accounting pronouncements to understand impact on foreign provision
- Assist in tax planning projects as needed
Who you'll work with
You will be joining Cisco's highly specialized Global Tax and Customs team based in San Jose, CA. Your team is responsible for the monthly financial close, quarterly foreign tax provision and annual US tax compliance for International entities and provision to tax return true-ups. You will work closely with International Accounting workgroups and our external Big 4 partner for tax provision and compliance work.
Who you are
You are a curious tax professional with strong accounting, analytical and research skills, the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks and be hands-on. You are a highly motivated, dedicated, self-starter who is team oriented, with strong communication and collaborating skills to work cross functionally. You strive to understand the concept behind each calculation and do not blindly follow what was done in prior year.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- B.S. in Accounting
- 6 years of tax experience in public accounting and/or corporate tax department
- At least 2 years of experience in US GAAP accounting with strong understanding of ASC 740
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Good written, verbal and inter-personal skills
- Must be a standout teammate
Also highly desired:
- Masters in Tax degree or related discipline highly desirable
- Excellent project management skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!