Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestFinance
What you'll do
You will join Cisco's US Tax Planning and US International Tax Compliance team as a Tax Manager responsible for the US GAAP accounting of non-US based operations, the US income tax return compliance for non-US based operations.
US GAAP Tax Accounting for Foreign Entities (30%)
- Review quarterly foreign income tax provision process for International entities
- Review quarterly FTC limitation, Sec. 956 Analysis, and Subpart F calculations
- Review quarterly foreign deferred tax calculation and analysis
US International Tax Compliance (50%)
- Prepare and review E&P calculations, Subpart F and GILTI inclusions and related tax filings (Form 5471s, 8858s, 1118, etc.)
- Prepare and review provision to return true-up from filing of the US tax return
Tax Planning and Other Special projects (20%)
- Analyze provision automation opportunities in order to drive efficiency in process
- Review changes in tax laws and/or accounting pronouncements to understand impact on foreign provision
- Review M&A integration plans
- Assist in tax planning projects, build modeling analysis to confirm impact and make recommendations
Who you'll work with
You will be joining Cisco's highly specialized Global Tax and Customs team based in San Jose, CA. Your team is responsible for the monthly financial close, quarterly foreign tax provision and annual US tax compliance for International entities and provision to tax return true-ups. You will work closely with International Accounting workgroups and our external Big 4 partner for tax provision and compliance work.
Who you are
You are a curious tax professional with strong accounting, analytical and research skills, the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks and be hands-on. You are a highly motivated, dedicated, self-starter who is team oriented, with strong communication and collaborating skills to work cross functionally. You strive to understand the concept behind each calculation and do not blindly follow what was done in prior year.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- B.A. in Accounting
- 10 years of tax experience in public accounting and/or corporate tax department
- At least 5 years of tax experience in US international tax
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Good written, verbal and inter-personal skills
- Must be a standout teammate
Also highly desired:
- CPA or Law License
- Master’s Degree in Tax or related discipline
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong understanding of ASC 740 accounting for income taxes with relevant experience
- One Source Tax Provision Software knowledge a plus
- Hands-on experience on tax issues post Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) highly desirable
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!