Tax Manager, Business Enablement
Area of InterestFinance
What You'll Do
You'll partner with other members of the Global Tax & Customs (GTC) organization to ensure that GTC provides timely influence and input on new offers and business models; drive awareness of decisions made and ensure successful enablement.
You will support the business through development of clear policy, guidelines, training materials, playbooks, etc.
Who You'll Work With
You will join the Business Enablement and Strategic Transformation team (within the Global Tax & Customs). We focus on partnering with and supporting the business as we transform the way we sell in order to meet increasing demands from the marketplace for flexibility. We are a small and agile team.
Our team works with experienced tax and customs professionals around the globe covering all functional areas within GTC – Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Customs, Tax Compliance, Program Management Office, and IT. Your interactions will not be limited to Finance functions only. You’ll have significant interactions with cross functional teams within Cisco.
Who You Are
You are motivated, driven, self-starter with strengths in communications, relationship building and collaboration. You can draw the line between enablement and insanity. You're a technician, drawing on experience in at least one tax/customs discipline to learn and understand trade-offs. You are curious about our business and technology, and how it all works. You're also effective and impactful.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
• BA, BS, JD in Accounting, Finance and/or Tax (or equivalent certification)
• Seasoned (8+ years) Finance professional with working knowledge of tax, customs or related compliance
• Ability to perform impact and gap assessments
• Ability to articulate clear goals and initiatives, and analyze situations
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, productive relationships and negotiate with others in order to reach mutually satisfying agreements
• Ability to work independently and participate with other team members to establish, agree, communicate and implement plans and/or objectives.
• Ability to communicate clearly upward, downward and laterally in cross-functional environments.
• Ability to work with globally dispersed virtual teams. Must be flexible to work either US East or West Coast time zones
Preferred but not required
• Business process architecture experience
• Program Management experience, ideally in cross-functional roles
• Knowledge and understanding of effective change management models, practices, and program methodologies
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.