Talent Management Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)May be open to other US locations
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Who You'll Work With
Cisco HR is encouraging today's talent for tomorrow's Cisco. We are developing HR strategies that accelerate capability in Cisco's business and our employees by transforming Cisco's talent, leadership, culture, and organization. Within HR, the People Planning team’s vision is to make every organization at Cisco successful by aligning the right people, to the right work, at the right time and in the best teams.
We are looking for a Talent Management Manager to join the People Planning team. Your role is to drive the design and implementation of programs that aim to measure, plan for, and lead our organization's talent pool.
We’re aligning Talent Management to Cisco’s strategic and interpersonal goals – come and innovate.
What You'll Do:
You will partner with other HR teams and the clients we support, you will bring to life new and creative talent management ideas for all Cisco employees.
Our goal is simple: we want to develop creative and best-in-class practices that enable a culture of constant growth and learning. Our employees deserve it and our leaders need it.
Who You Are
You are an expert HR professional or management consultant with experience in developing and leading Talent management programs, including but not restricted to Performance assessment and measurement, succession planning, and promotion planning. You’ve worked in global companies and with cross-functional teams. You are experienced in your field, and seek ways to bring creative, data-driven and cutting-edge solutions to your work. You are passionate about enabling leaders and employees to grow and driving high-performance through talent.
- Provide professional expertise and drive the design, development, and implementation of the talent management processes that are required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Develop, initiate, and maintain effective programs for workforce evaluation, promotion planning, and succession planning.
- Work across assigned global areas of responsibility to design, establish, and execute programs consistently and globally, in alignment with the business and HR needs
- Seek to understand the client’s usage and needs regarding our talent management programs
- Ensure that organization-wide talent management and initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Provide innovative suggestions for an evolution of HR programs, and develop roadmaps for improvement
- Inspire change and deliver at scale, globally, and drive efforts to ensure program adoption
- Act as a subject matter expertise on talent management; act as a recognized leader with vision, pragmatic program leader, and innovative thinker
- Ongoing ownership/management of the program with functional peers and business partners
- Establish link with talent development, talent acquisition, and the total rewards teams; ensure connection points and hand-offs where necessary
- 8 years minimum in HR or Management Consulting focused on HR Talent Management engagements
- Recognized subject matter expert on Talent Management and Planning, from design to implementation
- Authority at delivering programs: not just slides or ideas, but actually taking a program to market
- Superb ability to communicate with, and influence, leaders at all levels – including VP/SVP
- Systems thinker who builds all-star partnerships within HR, business teams, and technology partners
- Strong at working cross-functionally on programs that everyone wants to influence
- Ability to innovate through familiarity with iterative, design-thinking, customer-fueled approaches
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of compensation and relationship to Performance system
- Knowledgeable in the areas of workforce planning, leadership planning, and strategic talent planning
- Capacity to thrive in a complex organization
- Passionate about the technology industry
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco"