Talent Development Project Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)San Jose only - some work from home
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You’ll Do
As a key resource in Marketing’s talent development team, you will be responsible for championing efficiency initiatives and ensuring that the team’s processes are up to date. You see opportunities for continuous improvement as a way to make the team better. You are the key person responsible for maintaining our systems and record-keeping around talent development initiatives. You work with team members from The U to create and update courses in our systems. You work with them to create newsletters and update our communities page with new learning opportunities. You also assist our Early in Career Program Team with local events and scheduling.
- Create engaging newsletters that highlight talent development opportunities
- Maintain the Talent Development Communities page to promote learning initiatives
- Work with learning services to ensure courses are created correctly in the Education Management System
- Maintain the course inventory for “The U” and regularly contact course owners to ensure courses remain relevant
- Work with the Learning Metrics team and Talent Program Managers to produce presentations on talent development analytics
- Lead initiatives around conversion from Box to Sharepoint and other new tools to drive team efficiency
- Assist with management of events for the Early in Career program and The U
Who You Are
- 1-2 years of professional experience in HR or in a PM capacity
- Team oriented, have strong communication skills and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated with a sense of curiosity
- Interest in and aptitude for, talent development analytics (e.g. learner engagement, course satisfaction, retention, etc.)
- Demonstrated interest in talent development and the people side of programs
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to prioritize under deadlines
- Interpersonal skills, creative thinker and problem solver
- Basic PowerPoint and Outlook skills, Smartsheet, SharePoint
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work at San Jose campus 3+ days per week
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.