Technical Marketing Engineer
Location:Offsite, Durham, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Networking, Service Provider
The Emerging Technologies & Incubation (ETI) organization focuses on identifying next generation technologies that build new markets and businesses for Cisco and incubating these new opportunities in partnership with our business groups. ETI serves as Cisco’s center for technology evangelism as we accelerate our research partnerships with leading universities and our meaningful work with standards bodies.
What You'll Do
Working closely with the ETI product teams and Engineering to understand fully the ideation and incubation of products and technology. You are responsible for ETI’s technical marketing for new incubation and branding in partnership with Corporate Marketing. You will help position new technology in transition within the market coupled with understand of and alignment with new monetization models.
- Work with social media, virtual content and corporate and regional marketing and sales enablement teams in promoting technology and technical value proposition of new innovations and incubations, and optimal delivering virtual content as well as sales and partner enablement with a Product Led Growth strategy.
- Analyze and synthesize technology transitions and competitive dynamics that drive the strategy and execution as related to messaging to both internal and external partners.
- Collaborate closely with global partners & peers in different Business Groups, sales, seller enablement and partner constituencies
- Craft the value propositions based on a deep understanding of technology & market drivers and customer requirements.
- Work closely with Product management and Engineering in showcasing and outlining the customer use cases and associated simplicity in using the technology innovations
- Partner with the Product Management executive team to participate & contribute in ideation and incubation process to fuel growth for ETI & Cisco.
- Drive development and creation of highly impactful technical collaterals such as Validated Designs, Technology premiers to enable our sales engineers and partners
- Align with Technical & product Management teams across multiple BGs
- Responsible for creation and maintaining of technical marketing content
- Track to identify Customer Use cases, product gaps, competitive differentiation, and link the outputs to marketing collateral and engineering development
- Partner with engineering leaders to drive evolution and integration of new technology solutions and product sets
- Lead and drive technical enablement for Product Led Growth leveraging social media, virtual venues, sales, product management, and engineering
- Help build demos, POCs and be an evangelist for technology innovations and incubations.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will have an executive presence and bring a strong mix of marketing, product management and incubation specific acumen coupled with strategic vision and perfect execution. You are detail oriented, highly organized and adaptable to a changing environment. You have a comprehensive understanding of business processes and campaign strategy.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the tech industry at an executive level in marketing, product management, strategy or consulting role
- Excellent communications and presentation abilities
- Strategic, critical but creative problem solver with strong technical and business sense
- Ability to lead, build and work within cross-functional team environments
- Deep understanding of software, networking, collab, security, cloud, and virtualization business models and corporate marketing strategy
- Familiarity with new software technology and incubation
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.