CONSULTING ENGINEER.010.SERVICES CONSULTING ENGINEERING
Location:Reading, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Service Provider, Wireless, Mobility
Job title: CONSULTING ENGINEER.010.SERVICES CONSULTING ENGINEERING
Base location: Reading
Posting date: 28th of February 2019
End date for applications: 28th of March 2019
What You'll Do
Solution Validation Services, as part of Cisco Advanced Services supports our clients and end users with unique validation of scaled pre deployment or network migration services. Tailored towards new technologies such as ACI / SDN, NFV, Cloud, iWAN, IoE / IoT, Cisco’s Investment in SVS labs globally provides a platform for scaled validation of such technologies. Gaining industry recognition for quality and transforming our clients network deployment experience while giving a rewarding environment to both learn and grow new skills
You will be the first person to support test and validation for major projects in Germany. If this becomes a success, there will be perspectives to grow the team and scope of services.
Main Accountabilities Include:
• Work with a team of test engineers to perform test and validation activities;
• Contribute to discussions to detail requirements and architecture, test plans with test cases;
• Help design, build and configure test bed topologies;
• With a strong understanding drive industry standard & proprietary test tools;
• Troubleshoot issues and drive them to resolution;
• Compile and present detailed client reports for test results.
Who You'll Work With
You will need to be ready to collaborate with end customers, sales, services and development engineering, acting as a bridge between them while supporting each groups priorities. Understand complex designs and configurations, detail test requirements and seamless reporting. Ultimately, you will own that responsibility to build that client confidence to deploy such a solution.
Who You Are
Solution Validation Services is looking for an experienced Consulting Engineer to join the team. We are looking for a motivated self-starting individual with a good cultural fit.
· Extensive experience in End to End system integration testing (SIT), User Acceptance testing(UAT) is mandatory;
· Excellent technical skills in security field (Access control, Posture, Encryption Cyber, DDoS)
· A solid understanding of Service Provider core routing protocols (MPLS WAN);
· A solid understanding of Service Provider Data Center (Switching & Compute, Cloud, ACI);
· Excellent scripting/coding abilities - Python is a must;
· Strong experience with Test Management Tools (HPALM,TIMS);
· Previous experience in an Agile environment is a must;
· Strong leadership, influence and collaboration skills; sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
· ISTQB Advanced or Expert level certification – strongly preferred;
· Global teaming skills and ability to focus the team to deliver to tight timelines.
· Flexibility – willingness to pitch in where needed across program and team
· Agility and willingness to deal with a high level of ambiguity and change
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.