TECHNICAL CONSULTING ENGINEER - Routing & Switching & Security (5 - 9 Years) (24/7 Support)
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
As part of the Cisco CMS organization, you will be part of a multifaceted, fast paced and encouraging team that will build you up as you lead the technical support for some of Cisco's biggest customers. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside many of Cisco's Technical and Advanced Service organizations and will receive outstanding insight into the IT services industry all the way from pre-sales to day 2 support as an engineer passionate about some of Cisco’s key customers.
Escalation Engineers are encouraged to reduce the number of incidents causing service failures by detecting the root cause of recurrent failures and implementing the accurate changes to eliminate, minimize the possibility of further failures or minimizing the impact of incidents. This team is passionate about long term prevention and reduction of failures.
These groups are responsible for providing required technical support to the Incident Management teams, Change management Team, Problem management Team. They perform complex diagnostics to resolve the customer service impacting incidents. They provide continual updates to the incident owners in order to meet contractual and performance objectives
Inputs to Escalation Engineer:
- Incident details provided from Incident management teams;
- Configuration details (Hardware and software)
- Previously published Known-Errors;
- Vendor or Partner information.
- Inputs from Tier 1/2 Engineers
- Severity 1/2 Incident detected by the Managed Service Platform.
- Inputs from customer on Audit Findings.
- Own the problem until a work-around or permanent resolution is identified
- To publish Known-Errors discovered during problem investigation.
- Engage Technical Leads in case they need assistance on higher technical resolutions.
- Join all the Bridge Lines for troubleshooting along with Incident manager
- To create or suggest RFC for permanent resolution of identified known-errors;
- Change Management Responsibilities: Escalation Engineer is also responsible for the preparation & validation of Change Documents for all changes
This is hybrid role where candidate needs to have a working experience with advanced troubleshooting in IP Routing & Switching (70%) and Security (30%)
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Managed Services (CMS) organization seeks a NOC engineer to join a team of extremely talented engineers supporting strategic accounts. This is a superb opportunity for someone with perseverance and an insightful view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career contributing to customers while working with an industry leader in technology. The successful candidate will have a track record and desire to excel at both technical issue resolution and customer management.
Who You Are
- B Tech. qualified (favorable - IT, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering).
- CCIE – R&S, Security or SP preferred.
- ITIL Foundation V3
- 6-8 years of overall experience in Large SP or Enterprise with at least 4 Years Operations & troubleshooting experience in the relevant technologies.
- In-depth understanding of Customer requirements and importance of network security to any environment.
- Ability to Fix and resolve Critical networking and security issues in Complex environments within SLAs
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and an ability to learn new technologies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, multi-functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment.
- Ability to work as a teammate and to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate high-level of maturity and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Possess good communications skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with outstanding personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.