TECHNICAL CONSULTING ENGINEER.CUSTOMER DELIVERY
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who We Are
The CX Lab organization is responsible for delivering the Cisco Customer Experience support organization with world-class labs. Our global organization strives to exemplify operational excellence while delivering best-in-class service delivery and solutions. We are constantly striving to optimize and accelerate Cisco's lab investment, through automation and virtualization to support capability globally.
What You'll Do
Your are a self-starting, collaborative individual that focuses on delivering reliable and secure solutions. You will be responsible for working on implementations of new architecture as well as operate and maintain currently offered solutions. You will provide continuous feedback to the architecture team with what is working and what is not through our collaborative tools. Develop automation workflows to streamline the deployment of solutions. You will partner with internal tech leaders to develop and drive solutions for complex issues, while minimizing downtime and impact to our users.
Who You'll Work With
The CX Labs: Virtualization, Security, and Infrastructure (VSI) is a dynamic team of Network Engineers and System Administrators focused on implementation and operations of our systems and infrastructure that make up the Cisco's Customer Experience lab footprint. Our lab footprint spans many functional domains and technical areas from racking and bringing online enterprise and data center class hardware, operating 24x7 production solutions that drive the CX business, to incident response.
The VSI team is tightly interlocked with the Architecture team to ensure architectures are deployed to-spec. Additionally, a tight collaboration between the implementation/operations team and architecture is required. This drives continuous improvement across our entire solution portfolio.
Who you are
You are a hardworking and passionate engineer who enjoys teamwork, innovation and continuous improvement.
- You have a BS degree in Computer Science, Network Technology, or equivalent experience
- You gained expertise in Networking Technologies like Routing, Switching, Firewalls, VPN, ISE, 802.1x, Access Segmentation
- You are experienced with Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, and XR
- You possess understanding and ability to write scripts (bash, perl, python)
- You gained experience in using distributed version control systems like Git
- You have excellent documentation skills
- You can work across cultures and time zones
- You can provide solution-specific knowledge transfer, training, & documentation
- You have experience working within a large organization and providing support for global operations
- You possess good communication skills to be able to discuss technical issues with customers of all levels of technical expertise
- You possess experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI), Configuration Management solutions (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- You own certification with Cisco technologies preferred (ideally CCNP or better)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.