TECHNICAL CONSULTING ENGINEER.CUSTOMER DELIVERY
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who We Are
The CX Lab organization is responsible for delivering the Cisco Customer Experience support organization with world-class labs. Our global organization strives to exemplify operational excellence while delivering outstanding service delivery and solutions. We are constantly striving to optimize and accelerate Cisco's lab investment, through automation and virtualization to scale support capability globally.
Who You'll Work With
The CX Labs: Virtualization, Security, and Infrastructure (VSI) team within the CX Labs organization is a dynamic team of System Administrators and Network Engineers focused on implementation and operations of our systems and infrastructure that make up the Cisco's Customer Experience lab footprint. Our lab footprint spans many functional domains and technical areas from racking and bringing online multi-node compute and storage clusters, operating 24x7 production solutions that drive the CX business, to incident response.
What You'll Do
As a CX Labs Architect, you will be a self-starting, collaborative individual that focuses on delivering reliable and secure infrastructure for Cisco internal CX engineers. You will be responsible for working on implementations of new architecture as well as operate and maintain currently offered solutions. Develop automation workflows to streamline the deployment of CX-Labs infrastructure. Partnering with senior leadership within TAC and PS to develop and drive virtualization solutions for complex issues, while minimizing downtime and impact to our users.
- Author and innovate standards around Ansible and Git usage for the global team
- Coordinate curation efforts on code submissions and advertise new code submittals globally
- Take ownership to build and lead CX-Labs cloud strategy
- Collaborate with multiple teams inside CX-Labs
- Influence implementation strategies with better operational simplicity
- Manage Virtualization as a Service infrastructure - vMware/VSphere, Compute (UCS servers, install & Upgrade) Storage (MDS, NetApp), CloudForms
- Support /Operation – OVA deployment & troubleshooting, VM templates (Windows, Linux), Monitoring (Nagios, Sensu), Backup (CommVault), Object storage (Swiftstack), Provisioning & maintenance (Red Hat Satellite)
- Strong documentation and communication skills; documentation based on both internal and end users, and communication because direct communications with Director-level end users is common
- Lab Services (DHCP, DNS, Proxy, RADIUS, Antivirus (AMP), Filer Server, TFTP/FTP, CI/CD (Jenkins), GitHub Enterprise
- Working knowledge of Cloud native & Virtualization technologies, e.g AWS, Azure, Google, Kubernetes, VMware, Openstack & NFV
- Experience with Cisco UCS Servers (B-Series and/or C-series, Hyperflex)
- Experience managing large scale virtualization buildouts (ESXi, KVM, HyperV)
- Experience with Storage Protocols (FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS)
- Strong Linux system and troubleshooting knowledge and expertise (RHEL7/8)
- Experience developing and deploying IaC with Configuration Management solutions (Ansible)
- Experience in one or more of the following: (Python, Ruby)
- Deep understanding and ability to write scripts (bash, powershell)
- Experience in using distributed version control systems like Git
- Experience supporting Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of one or more Cisco BU Automation products/controllers (SD-WAN, DNAC, APIC, Intersight) a plus
- You can provide application-specific knowledge transfer, training, & documentation
- Effective and persuasive communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- BS degree in Computer Science, System Administration, or related technical field recommended
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.