TECHNICAL CONSULTING ENGINEER.CUSTOMER DELIVERY
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You'll Do
As part of the Cisco CMS organization, you will be part of a dynamic, fast paced and supportive team that will build you up as you manage the technical support for some of Cisco's biggest customers. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside many of Cisco's Technical and Advanced Service organizations and will receive unique insight into the IT services industry all the way from pre-sales to day 2 support as an engineer focused on some of Cisco’s key customers.
Tier 3 Engineer are expected to word on escalated incidents. They reduce the number of incidents causing service failures by detecting the root cause of recurrent failures and implementing the proper changes to eliminate, minimize the possibility of further failures or minimizing the impact of incidents. This team is focused on long term prevention and reduction of failures.
These groups are responsible for providing required level 3 support to the Incident Management teams, Change management Team, Problem management Team. They perform complex diagnostics to resolve the customer service impacting incidents. They provide continual updates to the incident owners in order to meet contractual and performance objectives
Desired technical skills:
- Expert knowledge of Network and related technology. In-depth experience configuring and supporting network protocols like IPv4/v6, EIGRP, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, L3VPN, Segment routing, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Routers like ISR2900/3900/4400, 7200, 7600, ASR 1K,9k, CRS and Switches like Cisco 2900, 3600. 3750,3650, 3850, 4500 & 6500 series
- Strong knowledge layer 2 technologies like VTP, STP, MST, RSTP+, Trunking, VLANs, Layer 3 Switches, Logical Ether Channels etc.
- Strong knowledge of DC technologies and devices like Nexus 2K, Nexus 5K, Nexus 7K/9k/3k, VPC, VDC, FEX, VSS, etc.
- Strong Understanding and experience of QoS on Catalyst and Nexus Switching Platforms and WAN networks.
- Strong Understanding of IOS Features and Services – HSRP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, PTP, DHCP, CDP, TFTP and FTP Management, Netflow etc.
- Strong Understanding of Security and VPN – ASA, traffic inspection, NAT, Site-to-Site IPSec VPNs, AAA, Radius, TACACS+, Access Lists, 802.1x, DMVPN, GetVPN etc.
- Good understanding of Wireless network as well, experience with Aruba wireless is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Multicasting protocols – PIM, IGMP etc.
- Good knowledge on capturing packet through EPC/SPAN/ELAM/Wireshark/Netscout etc and interpreting packet captures.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Managed Services (CMS) organization seeks a NOC engineer to join a team of extremely talented engineers supporting strategic accounts. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in technology. The successful candidate will have a track record and desire to excel at both technical issue resolution and customer management.
Who You Are
- B Tech. qualified (favorable - IT, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering).
- CCNP – Routing & Switching or Data Center(Mandatory). CCIE (advantage)
- ITIL Foundation V3
- Ready to work in 24* 7 environment.
- 7+ years of overall experience in Large SP or Enterprise with at least 4 Years in the relevant technologies.
- A creative, positive, and proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new technologies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, cross functional, cross country, territory, and theatre environment.
- Ability to work as a team player and to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate high-level of maturity and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and interpersonal skills
Who You'll work with
Cisco Customer Experience Centers (CX) Managed Services (CMS) -- This is a team of leaders - we provide Collaboration as a service solution and Managed services to customers with groundbreaking consulting to ensure customer success. Our team members work multi-functionally to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to ensure personal and professional growth.
Who you are:
Job Responsibilities :-
- Act as a focal point for customer issues related to Collaboration products/ technologies.
- Works on sophisticated problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors, with support and supervision.
- CMS supports its customers 24*7 so candidate should be flexible to work in shifts and participate in daytime and night/weekend shifts and/or on-call rotation
- Tackle Cisco Collaboration technology related issues to quickly resolve downtime and outages, with support and supervision.
- Develop specialization in specific areas (i.e. technology, product) over a period of 1-2 years.
- Handle issues/customers by setting expectations and meeting/exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of customer happiness
- Efficiently communicate issues to engineers within the support team, and resolutions/work-around to the customer
- Open to constructive feedback on areas of improvement. Constantly working on skill development.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and tasks as assigned
- Understand and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments)
- Understand and Apply ITIL framework (Event, Incident, Change & Problem Management)
- Collaborate with peers and multi-functional teams
- Maintaining knowledge required to perform role effectively
- Participate in regular sync ups with Management and Technical Leads
What you do
- Hands on knowledge of Cisco Collaboration products/ technologies.
- Good understanding of Cisco VoIP service provisioning methods and procedures related to Moves/Adds/Changes along with system level provisioning
- Experience with routine system administration tasks such as OS and application patches, upgrades and backups of the voice environment.
- Exposure to deployment and ongoing management of Cisco networking solutions.
- Customer first attitude - ownership and accountability.
- Teammate with emotional intelligence and responsibility in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, oral, visual, and written communication skills for communications to technical and non-technical staff.
- Receives limited supervision
- Translates team goals into own work assignments
- Executes on methods and procedures on new assignments
Experience & Education:
- 1-2 years of relevant industry and technology experience in a support services environment.
- BE/ B TECH in a technical field (CS/EE/IT preferred)
- Cisco or Industry equivalent Networking certification.
- Automation skills. Knowledge of Scripting and APIs.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while aspiring for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.