TECHNICAL CONSULTING ENGINEER.CUSTOMER DELIVERY
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
As part of the Cisco CMS organization, you will be part of a dynamic, fast paced and encouraging team that will build you up as you manage the technical support for some of Cisco's biggest customers. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside many of Cisco's Technical and Sophisticated Service organizations and will receive unique insight into the IT services industry all the way from pre-sales to day 2 support as an engineer focused on some of Cisco’s key customers.
Tier 2 Engineer also called as first level of Partner concern are expected to reduce the number of incidents causing service failures by detecting the root cause of recurrent failures and implementing the proper changes to eliminate, minimize the possibility of further failures or minimizing the impact of incidents. This team is focused on long term prevention and reduction of failures.
These groups are responsible for providing required level 2 support to the Incident Management teams, Change management Team, Problem management Team. They perform complex diagnostics to resolve the customer service impacting incidents. They provide continual updates to the incident owners in order to meet contractual and performance objectives
Inputs to Tire 2 Engineer:
- Incident details provided from Incident management teams;
- Configuration details (Hardware and software)
- Previously published Known-Errors;
- Vendor or Partner information.
- Inputs from Tire 1 Engineers
- Severity 2 Incident detected by the Managed Service Platform.
- Inputs from customer on Audit Findings.
- Own the problem until a work-around or permanent resolution is identified
- To publish Known-Errors discovered during problem investigation.
- Engage Tier 3 in case they need assistance on higher technical resolutions.
- Join all the Bridge Lines for fixing along with Incident manager
- To create or suggest RFC for permanent resolution of identified known-errors;
- Change Management Responsibilities: Tier2 is also responsible for the preparation of Change Documents for all changes
- Tire 2 Engineers are expected to coordinate with TAC and BU for all intensified issues till the closure of the issue.
This is hybrid role where candidate needs to have working experience with IP R&S which is more traditional knowledge, DC (20%) and Wireless (10%)
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Managed Services (CMS) organization seeks a NOC engineer to join a team of extremely talented engineers supporting strategic accounts. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in technology. The successful candidate will have a track record and desire to excel at both technical issue resolution and customer management.
Who You Are
- B Tech. qualified (favorable - IT, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering).
- CCNP – Routing & Switching or Data Center. (Mandatory). CCIE (advantage)
- ITIL Foundation V3
- 5-8 years of overall experience in Large SP or Enterprise with at least 4 Years in the relevant technologies.
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new technologies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, multi-functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment.
- Ability to work as a standout colleague and to work with minimal direction.
- Demonstrate high-level of maturity and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Possess good communications skills
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.