Technical Support Engineer DC Routing & Switching
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Would you like to be trusted technical authority to Cisco customers and partners?
Be among the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest technologies?
Meet outstanding engineers from different countries and backgrounds?
JOIN TAC Data Center Routing and Switching Team!
TAC’s purpose is to identify and fix problems with Cisco Products, which heavily involves Quality Assurance and feedback for Product and Engineering Teams.
Support engineers in Data Center R&S TAC Team:
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents within the scope of various routing protocols, switching technologies, as well as platform related issues on Cisco Nexus switches running in NX-OS mode.
- Recreate customer technical problems within Cisco’s internal labs. Perform deep troubleshooting, debugging and log analysis.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other technology teams to help solve issues in network environments.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to improve product quality by identifying, submitting and automating the detection of software defects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field of study;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Solid knowledge of common routing and switching protocols such as OSPF, BGP, Spanning-tree, Multicast;
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internal resources and apply that knowledge in real world situations;
- Ability to work independently, but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Experience with the Nexus series of switches and NX-OS;
- Knowledge of VXLAN EVPN, OTV, Fabricpath, MPLS and Segment Routing;
- Hold a current valid certification (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE and/or Devnet certifications);
- Basic knowledge of APIs, Linux, Automation.
- You will get targeted training and mentoring helping you to ramp up your knowledge.
- The scope of your work is primarily within the Data Center R&S domain; however, you will also be continuously encouraged to expand your competencies, skills and knowledge via participation in trainings and rotations between different teams.
- As a member of TAC, you will be encouraged and fully supported in achieving your CCIE/Devnet certifications (numerous study materials, dedicated paid study time off, free/unlimited access to a wealth of Cisco’s products and to a worldwide network of 24/7 dedicated internal Cisco Labs).
- We go Hybrid. You will be able to work from any place within Poland.
- Work-life balance initiatives: Day4me (additional PTO days), Birthday Day off, wellbeing platform and webinars.
- Your life and family: Meal Card, Connected Card, Baby Gift Program.
- Volunteering opportunities: Giving Back Days off (paid days off to devote to charity organizations).
- Rewards: Discounted Stock, Connected Recognition Program. Your wellbeing: Private medical care, Private life insurance, Social fund Benefit.
- Referral bonuses for recommending your friends to Cisco.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.