Systems Engineering Manager
Location:Southfield, Michigan, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
What You’ll Do
Global Enterprise Sales people-focused technical sales manager with knowledge of Cisco products, solutions, technologies and related programs. Provides technical direction and business guidance to the regional sales team. Drives revenue through account planning and resource planning / allocation. Dedicatedly develops and maintains a team of high-performing SEs and continually seeks innovative methods for improving team performance. Helps meet regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and handling day to day region activities. Collaborates with key customers/partners as a trusted advisor to enable sales and drive customer/partner satisfaction.
Who You Are
- Monitor and measure team progress against business plan and recommend changes as needed
- Interact with business units to provide support for local region
- Lead cross-functional projects within area of responsibility
- Facilitate experienced communications and experienced understanding of customer requirements among customers, partners, corporate, and the field
- Dedicatedly seek feedback on self; recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve
- Act as advocate for continual improvement in customer/partner experience to increase brand loyalty for Cisco
- Understand drivers of customer/partner satisfaction and overall relationship management; strive to improve experience and help address critical requests (for example critical customer cases, Service Requests, etc.)
- Understand mechanisms for forming team capacity and improving team performance
- Measures (using appropriate metrics), reviews and leads the performance, development and satisfaction of ones team
- Creates and handles a budget for resources to enable the team (CPOC, Development, Travel, etc.)
- Build and maintain consultative relationships with customer/partner technical leaders
- Promote the business and technical value of Cisco to customers and partners
- Monitor and approve requests for customer/partner-focused pre-sales resources
- Assist in resolving domain / solution-focused resources and approving requests for these resources
- Drive/support the team in the creation of the technical proposals, demonstrating external resources (tools, specialists, etc.) as needed
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback that focuses on those things that will make the biggest difference in performance; reinforces efforts and progress
- Track and report team metrics for a given opportunity
- Ensure proper handoff's/transitions
Who You'll Work With
- Collaborates to create technical business plans (territory, account, etc.) by compiling customer, partner and Account Team feedback and adding own knowledge of local market demand
- Propose a technical resource plan for territory or operation and integrate into the sales plan
- Collaborate with Management Team to prioritize and target team opportunities; review quantitative information to identify and explain trends
- Align resources to deliver on commitments and get results
- Lead team to technical account strategies that align to customer/partner business requirements and goals and assign resources appropriately
- Assist in qualified partner identification where appropriate
Technical expertise in Routing & Switching, Software Defined Networking, Collaboration, Security, Datacenter Solution Architectures, Application Performance, Cloud Architecture, Public, Private, Hybrid Cloud Services and Management, and/or MultiCloud management solutions. People leadership experience, interest, and skills preferred.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.