Systems Engineering Manager - US Commercial - Minnesota
Location:Offsite, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
What You’ll Do
Do you want to lead a team of Trusted Advisors that are advocates for their customers? As a Cisco Systems Engineering Manager, you will be a Collaborator, a Consultant and a Visionary. Your team will help create all kinds of solutions and make your customers so happy!
Who You’ll Work With
The US Commercial vision is transforming business through the power of people and technology. Our Organization is focused on the US Mid-Market, the 5th largest economy in the world, with a broad portfolio of small, medium and large customers across all vertical markets with the exception of public sector. US Commercial has grown consistently over the past 26 quarters with the support of a diverse set of partners and ecosystem. US Commercial has an incredible culture built upon Focused Execution, Technical Excellence, Collaboration and Fun!
Who You Are
You are a people-focused technical sales professional who provides technical direction and business guidance to the commercial sales team. You drive revenue through account planning, resource planning and allocation. You actively develop and maintain a team of high-performing Systems Engineers (SE) and continually seek innovative methods for improving team performance. You help meet regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and leading day to day account-level activities. You can manage +20% growth in a commercial territory utilizing a channels to market distribution model.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify Opportunities
- Create a territory plan by compiling SE feedback and adding own knowledge of local market demand
- Create a technical resource plan for territory or operation
- Collaborate with Regional Manager (RM) to prioritize and target team opportunities; review quantitative information to identify and explain trends
- Understand mechanisms for forming team capacity and improving team performance. Align resources to deliver on commitments and make things happen
- Lead team to technical account strategies that align to customer business requirements and goals; assign resources appropriately
- Assist in qualified partner identification where appropriate
You have the ability to:
- Qualify opportunities
- Monitor and approve requests for customer-focused pre-sales resources
- Assist in resolving domain/solution-focused resources and approving requests for these resources
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback that focuses on those things that will make the biggest difference in performance; reinforces efforts and progress
- Track and report team metrics for a given opportunity
- Motivate Personal and Organizational Development:
- Monitor and measure team progress against business plan and recommend changes as needed
- Interact with business units to provide support for local region
- Use Cisco technology to stay connected with team members, customers, and peers around the world
- Lead multi-functional projects within area of responsibility
- Facilitate Experienced communications and guide understanding of customer requirements between customers, corporate, and the field.
- Actively seek feedback on self; recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve
- Advocate for continual improvement in customer experience to increase brand loyalty for Cisco
- Understand drivers of customer satisfaction and strive to improve customer experiences
- Possess a strong technical and business knowledge with complementary skills to understand the customers’ business drivers and align to Cisco solution.
You have Intuition For Business
- Develop local knowledge of business economics and trends of various industries and vertical markets, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value
- Establish collaborative relationships built on trust and commitment and develop relationships at multiple levels within customer accounts
- Understand the customer's business model and helps the team identify an architecture and/or solution that provides customer value
You have Technical Acumen
- Advanced understanding of inter-networking industry trends, including new products and solutions
- Advanced understanding of competitive product and solution landscape and can articulate trade-offs between Cisco and competitor products
- Excellent knowledge in Routing & Switching
- Ability to facilitate the critical issue of post-sales customer satisfaction issues
- Leadership Ability
- Develop team members’ capabilities in support of individual career goals and team objectives
- Drive account and resource planning for region and actively collaborate with RM to track plans and course correct as necessary
- Understand basics of managing technical people and the associated process of running a region
- Understand the value of best practices and apply standard methodologies and other tools to drive business results.
- Communicate a clear vision and strategy for the account that inspires and empowers the team to execute within a common framework
- Able to get things done without direct line authority; able to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required behaviors
- Translate Cisco's vision for the future into a compelling value proposition for the team
- Build the capabilities needed to deliver on the team's short and long term goal, including identification and development of a strong pipeline of the best talent from both internal and external candidate pools
- Support team members by providing openness and information during organizational changes
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including expert executive communication and presentation skills
- 8-12 years industry experience.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco.