Systems Engineering Manager, Cloud Security (Umbrella)
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What you'll do
As the Systems Engineering Manager, Cloud Security you will drive/lead the success and productivity of the entire Sales Engineering team of our cloud-delivered security solutions. Responsibilities include leading an EMEAR based technical team. Due to our continued fast growth, you must have the ability to fulfill individual contributor responsibilities as well. Your primary objective will be to grow the Cloud Security business leading the team in support of the Sales organization, working directly with prospective customers and partners.
You will be empowered to lead, plan, report and drive optimization for key staff and projects across the SE organization, as well as supporting the execution of cross-functional projects across the company. This role also assists Systems Engineering and Sales Operations leadership in maintaining the overall productivity and effectiveness of the business.
This is a highly visible, and highly impactful role – You will have a compelling opportunity to impact the business and advance your career.
In this job you will:
- Create a sustainable, scalable line of business for Cloud Security whilst meeting or exceeding agreed sales targets.
- Lead the team, managing individual contributors and overseeing the day-to-day operations of our SE group
- Participate in technical sales calls to mentor other SEs, and contribute to creating sales and evaluation strategy at the account level.
- Work with other management teams as part of x-functional initiatives to present emerging competitive threats, product direction, key technical issues, strategic Sales opportunities, ensuring future solutions meet customer requirements and address current in field obstacles.
- Provide collaborative technical leadership and product expertise to the team as well as the larger sales organization
- Assist with the successful preparation and transition of new customers into the Customer Success program.
- Assign projects, accounts, and meetings to Systems Engineers as required, and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Effectively interact with internal engineering teams to scope and provide solutions to complex technical issues for highly visible account opportunities.
- Be responsible to support planning, tracking, and reporting for large-scale, complex SE projects.
Key Activities and Metrics
- Objective #1 is to exceed our sales targets.
- Recruit, Train, Empower the team to achieve results. Build a strong team culture and strive for the highest levels of engagement and satisfaction among team members and customers.
- Analyze and technically qualify sales opportunities, responding to bids/tenders
- In depth product presentations, demonstrations and management of prospect evaluations.
- Articulate the high-level benefits of the full Cisco Security architecture to our target audiences (typically senior security management up to CISO and CIO).
- Partner with Sales management to develop strategies that will help the team to meet or exceed Sales targets for the region.
- Construct best practices for presentations, demos, and Proof of Value exercises as well as overall win strategy.
- Assist in the delivery of technical training modules to new Sales and SE representatives in your region, including on-going development of the the team.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of an elite technical pre-sales team responsible for driving the success of our cloud-delivered security solutions. The Cloud Security team is part of Cisco’s Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
Who You Are
You must be highly accomplished and excel in cyber security, with skills in networking, cloud and mobile technology concepts. You must be a self-starter, continuously act as an industry subject matter expert, and strive to help Cisco make customers for life.
- You will bring a Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent.
- You will bring 8+ years in a comparable pre-sales position supporting the pre-sales cycle in Networking or Security solutions.
- 3 years of technical leadership experience in a support or sales engineer, network operations support, or application engineering role.
- Demonstrable experience leading hi-output dynamic teams and success driving company impacting projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking technology – Windows networking, Active Directory, BIND, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills at all levels.
- Love and passion for helping customers and delivering satisfaction even when faced with difficult customers.
- Effective prioritizing and ability to work with remote, US-based sales management teams.
- Proven track record of managing and winning technical high value IT security opportunities.
- Successful quota achievement.
Desired / Good to Have
- 3 years of enterprise Pre-Sales experience working directly with network or cloud security products.
- Demonstrable experience with scripting languages such as Python, and API frameworks such as REST / SOAP.
- Prior experience of Cisco Security or other vendor Cloud Security solutions is advantageous.
- Strong network security skills that would include hands-on experience with Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Bluecoat along with other appropriate certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCSE, GCFW, JNCIS-SEC/JNCIP-ENT, GCIH etc).
- Agile Scrum Certification: CSPO, CSM, or CSP | Project Management Certification: PMP
- Advanced level network technology certifications (e.g. CCNP, CCIE, CCSP, JNCIE etc).
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis.