Systems Engineering Manager - Asia
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Wireless, Mobility
The Cisco Meraki team is looking for a people-focused technical sales leader who provides technical direction and business guidance to the regional sales team. As the Director of Systems Engineering, you will be responsible for proactively developing and maintaining a team of high-performing SEs and continually seeking innovative methods for improving team performance. Based from your home office or a regional Cisco office, you will manage a team of commercial, public sector, and service provider SEs throughout Asia. You’ll be accountable for regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and overseeing day-to-day account-level activities.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Success in leading teams of highly technical individuals
- Thorough understanding of the pre-sales engineering process and sales processes
- Knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- Solid understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLAN's, etc.
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers
- Success working with Value Added Resellers and distribution challenges
- Success working with Product Management and Product Marketing organizations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives
- A high level of business acumen and experience working with Cx0 level personnel, bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges
- Ability to travel 50+% of the time