Systems Engineering Leader
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Alternate LocationAny major metro city including Chicago, Denver, San Francisco, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Boston
Area of InterestSales - Product
The Federal Civilian Operation is looking to fill the role of Systems Engineering Leader for its Healthcare Region. This individual plays a vital role for our Systems Architects in guiding their efforts by aligning Cisco’s technical vision to our customer’s strategic business goals. When done well, this individual functions as a “CTO for the sales region” and develops trusted advisor relationships both internally with account teams and externally with our Federal customers, partners and industry leaders. This leader leverages his/her internal and external network of business relationships as a focal point to drive collaboration, and to achieve a broad range of business goals and corporate initiatives.
This leader is an expert at technical and business planning as it relates to the Federal industry and market direction, and guides others on resource planning and technical excellence. This leader is expected to be an effective business partner with their Regional Sales Manager counterpart as well as the leadership teams at the Operation and Area levels of Federal.
This leader is responsible for developing a high performing team of System Architects who demonstrate technical and business excellence. They proactively and effectively utilize tools to drive business intelligence and extensively mentor System Architects on the effective use of available resources. This leader proactively coaches others internally and externally and is viewed as a mentor for all Systems Architects on best practices to drive operational excellence. Along with the RSM, the Systems Engineering Leader reviews business metrics, progress against the business plan, and initiates changes in anticipation of changing market/industry needed to achieve goals.
• Demonstrates skilled leadership throughout the operation and area.
• Master of translating high-level strategy into actionable tactics throughout the Federal customer base.
• Looks at the business through a 12-24 month window.
• Has the respect of his Systems Architects, peer leaders, SSEMs, SEDs, RMs, and the extended team including Business Units, Channel Partners and others.
• Considered a knowledgeable and trusted advisor throughout the Cisco organization, and with senior level management at our Partners and Customers.
• Able to clearly communicate Cisco's strategic vision.
Education and Experience
10+ years related experience in IT
Pre-sales and Industry knowledge required
Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a US government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - including, but not limited to US Citizenship - for access to classified information. “Applicant must have the ability to undergo a successful background investigation and maintain a US National Security clearance for this position. Requirements for a security clearance will be explained in detail upon receipt of your application and if your personal background prevents you from obtaining a clearance or passing a background investigation, application for this position will have to be returned to the applicant.”