Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security, Webex (Collaboration)
What You'll Do
Do you want to be a Trusted Customer's Technical Advisor? Do you love technology? Then working as a Systems Engineer at Cisco is the place for you!
At Cisco as Account Systems Engineer you will look to develop the technical relationships with Cisco's key strategic Customers every single day. You will provide an architectural perspective across the entire Cisco product portfolio including Software and Services, and you will leverage your technical specialization for specific opportunities. As an Engineer you'll participate in the creation of an overall Account technical plan. You'll proactively generate leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education, and you'll act as a Trusted Advisor to the Customer's Architects and Engineers. As a Systems Engineer you will be equally overlooking and leading key activities such as proof of value, proof of concept or pilot projects across the possible solutions.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Working with Account teams and Partners to qualify new opportunities.
- Meet with customers’ key technical decision makers and partner with Account teams to define contract technical success metrics, solutions, and models.
- Define customer business problem in a technical context.
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution.
- Develop the technical response to RFPs or the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software, and services.
- Lead and develop PoC, use resources such as demo labs, including presentation and documentation of test results.
- Lead presentation of Cisco solutions to customer, including white-boarding and presentation of technical material. Use additional resources as needed.
- Ensure minimal / no post sales time by advancing requests and outstanding questions to appropriate post-sales organizations.
- Develop expert understanding of technological capabilities and limitations of key competitors.
- Actively develop technical, professional and sales skills.
Who You'll Work With
In this role you will work very closely with our account and partner sales teams to support them in explaining, structuring and helping to sell our key offerings as well as providing the best in class technology expertise to our customers. You will be the one to translate business roadmap into a technology roadmap, you will identify and illustrate business, market and technology trends to discover and drive future opportunities with our key clients.
- 5+ years of actual work experience
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Networking technologies (WAN/ LAN specifically and Wireless). Knowledge in Software Defined Networking would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Security and/or Data Center and/ or Collaborations architectures would be very welcome.
- Programming experience in Python and/or other modern programming languages is welcome.
- Deep understanding and being conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats is a key for this role.
- Past work experience in a pre-sales role would be an advantage.
- Cisco Portfolio knowledge and Certificates from Cisco or other IT vendors are very much welcome.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, Programming or related disciplines is must.
- Fluency in English and Romanian combined with an excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills combined with capability of building trust relationships internally and at our customers.
- A high sense of ownership, coupled with a strong focus on achieving results.
- Great teammate, willing to help others and prepared to ask for help when necessary.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!