Systems Engineer - US Commercial - Boston 1401870
Location:Boston, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Compensation Range166200 USD - 224500 USD
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
You will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
- You will gain access to the palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets.
- You will collaborate with the Account Manager to recommend and develop customer solution offerings.
- You will provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can use your technical specialization for specific opportunities.
- You will act in an increasingly consultative fashion and looked to as a guide, or trusted technical adviser, in your field by the account team and customers.
- You will keep up-to-date on relevant competitors solutions, products and services.
- You will assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- You will actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provide consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with a team of Systems Engineers who partner with Account Managers. We work with partners and customers to ensure the best possible solution. We have been in roles from 2 years to 16 years and support and empower each other. We have a wide range of interests outside of work, but we all love technology.
Who You Are
You are passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology. You are a true teammate and love to learn.
- You have a knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in at least one specialization in either Data Center, Collaboration, Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
- You have knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- You have the understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- You show technical knowledge and consultative skills and ability to work effectively and contribute to the extended team.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Confirmed technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- 4+ years-related experience preferred (less will be considered). Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.