Systems Engineer - Service Providers Egypt
Location:Cairo Al Qahirah, Egypt
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestService Provider
What You'll Do
If you are passionate about leading-edge technology, have strong social skills, thrive on solving problems, and want to collaborate with highly talented people globally then apply today for an Early in Career Systems Engineer position at Cisco with the service provider team.
The SE role enables you to advance your career rapidly by providing the training and resources needed to become successful in an industry-leading sales organization. You will expand your sales and business acumen, increase your technical knowledge and develop executive presentation skills, as well as learn about Cisco’s architectures, solutions, products and competitors.
A successful SE career will help you:
- Master the art of presenting complex details in simplistic terms to our customers and partners
- Thrive in a global, fast-paced, and collaborative environment
- Possess a strong attention to detail, able to react creatively but rationally to customer requests
- Become a leader that is able to work under pressure and make decisions with a positive “can do” attitude
- Be open minded and passionate about learning new technologies and delivering the best solution to our customers, on time and as promised
- Continue to focus on personal development and learning throughout his or her career
Who you Are
- 2 - 3 years of professional experience
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Communication Engineering, with an excellent academic record
- Graduated from an accredited university
- Technical support, pre-sales support, installation or sales experience in the technology industry preferred
- Proficient in English, written and verbal
- Understanding of Microservice and REST APIs.
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment.
- Understanding of virtualization platforms such as VMware and vCenter.
- Understanding of Linux containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Understanding of Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of a major programming language such as : Python, C/C++, Java, C#, Go, Rust.
- Understanding of task tracking software such as Jira.
- Knowledge of a version control code repository like GitLab, BitBucket, mercurial, etc.
- Knowledge of Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Capistrano, Jenkins, Terraform, Manual deployments
- Knowledge of Operating and provisioning into cloud environments: Oracle Cloud (OCI), AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Cisco Certified DevNet Associate is required.
- Cisco Certified DevNet Professional is a plus
We are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!