Systems Engineer - SLED Upper Midwest - 1313539
Location:Offsite, West Des Moines, Iowa, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Welcome to Cisco, where our main priority is to change the world and to do so, we need you! We're looking for a Systems Architect with years of experience, technical skills and passion to join a team who is willing to take creative ideas from the drawing board and turn them into dynamic solutions that have real world impact. We want you to become a part of a team that cares about its customers, has fun while changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
• Work with our SLED (State, Local and Education) team and use your experience and expertise to build and drive Cisco solutions for governments, hospitals, first responders, transportation, universities, and secondary education.
• Partner with our account managers in a pre-sales technical role to develop customer designs and architectures. You will lead Cisco and partner resources to identify and qualify opportunities and close deals.
• Develop and present compelling business cases to customers and maintain expert-level knowledge of all elements of the business case (drivers of cost, benefit and risk).
• Showcase Cisco product solutions—setting up demonstrations and explaining benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
• Collaborate closely with other Engineers/Architects to align the technology architecture to the customer's mission and ensure customer success.
Who You Are
• A systems engineer with 5+ years-related experience preferred (less will be considered) and a BS/BA (EE/CS).
• Passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology, along with a do-what-it-takes demeanor about customer success.
• Knowledgeable of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in at least one specialization in either Data Center, Collaboration, Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
• Experienced in relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
• You have excellent written, listening, consultation and presentation skills.
• Programming experience a plus.
• CCNP or equivalent experience and the desire to further your skill set.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better. We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices. We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.