Systems Engineer - Public Sector South Africa
Location:Cape Town, South Africa
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
System Engineer - Cape Town, South Africa
Cisco is looking for experienced Systems Engineers with a strong technical background. The SE will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions. Qualified candidates should bring industry knowledge and years of technology experience to aid in technical selling, explaining features and benefits to customers and crafting and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. In this role, you will have direct account and partner responsibilities for selected Public Sector accounts in assigned geography. Staying up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services are important.
What You'll Do:
- Provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can use his/her technical specialization for specific opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of an overall account plan as well as technical architecture plan.
- Generate leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education
- Define customer business problem in a technical context
- Help plan for and move deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage the appropriate Cisco and partner tools and resources (such as CSE, SE, PSS, AS Engineers, etc.)
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Research and demonstrate solution return on investment
- Coordinate solution development, including using replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- Develop proof of concept, including presentation and documentation of test results
- Develop and lead all aspects of development of presentation materials
- Present technical components of Cisco solutions to fit our customers competencies & behaviours
- Learn a broad-level of knowledge of the business economics and trends of the industries and vertical markets in which one's customers conduct business, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value.
- Understand competitor offerings and provide recommendations to the sales team on product positioning and differentiation.
- Handle post-sales customer concern and resolve issues, by coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
Who You'll Work With
The Systems Engineer acts in an increasingly consultative fashion and is looked to as a specialist, or trusted technical advisor, in his/her field. All System Engineer’s engage without customers face-to-face or via our collaborative tools and technology such as Webex, Telepresence, etc. As part of the account team it will be vital to work multi-functionall with various members of the regional teams. This will ensure alignment with the global account strategy and consistent local implementation.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis is required.
- Pre-Sales experience is highly recommended.
- CCNP or CCDP Certification or higher preferred.
- Strong understanding of the customer business model and common financial pain points; ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers
- Advanced understanding of Cisco vision and technology; articulate the vision from the customer perspective
- Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform Technical Acumen
- Understand networking industry trends, including new products and solutions
- In-depth knowledge of Routing, Switching and Networking Platform Design technologies is highly preferred.
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!