Systems Engineer Leader - Public Sector: Government & National Security Team
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
We seek an energised, passionate and positive people-focused SE Leader for a team of engineers and architects who serve a diverse set of customers across England and Wales. You will work as member of the UK&I Technical and Public Sector leadership teams to deliver the best-in-class technical experience across our stakeholders for our customers in Central Government and National Security.
Your role will be to provide leadership and guidance, help motivate the team by working with them collectively and individually fostering an excellent degree of empathy and trust.
You will support the needs of the business whilst progressing the skills and development of the team. Reporting to the UKI Systems Engineering Director and CTO, you will also be an integral part of the technical leadership team and can look forward to playing an active role in helping to shape and influence strategy and direction whilst facilitating key partnerships between customer, partner, internal and external organisations.
You will lead a team of engineers and architects, be a valued business leader in the sales leadership team and will evangelise Cisco’s technology vision across the portfolio to senior customers and partners.
Who You'll Work With
In addition to building, leading and coaching your direct team, you will be an integral business partner to the Public Sector sales leadership team. You will regularly engage with customers, partners and participate in industry events, as well as internal Cisco events across the broader community.
Who You Are
- You have proven ability or are able to show a vision to proactively develop and maintain a team of Engineers, Architects and Apprentices, continually seeking innovative methods for maintaining / improving team morale & performance.
- Have previous technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer, Architect or have been involved in technical adoption capabilities, and/or the equivalent.
- You are motivated, engaged and ready for a new challenge.
- Ability to develop team members’ capabilities in support of individual career goals, team and Cisco objectives.
- You will have the ability to drive important cross-functional initiatives into the Government sector and the ability to influence and matrix manage to accomplish results.
- Strong understanding of the market and dynamics of the key verticals.
- An ability to translate high-level strategy to functional impact.
- Appreciation for how the company works and how to affect change across direct and indirect teams.
- Able to get things done without direct line authority; able to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required behaviours.
- Build the capabilities needed to deliver on the team's short- and long-term goals, including identification and development of a strong pipeline of the best talent from both internal and external candidate pools
- Support team members by providing transparency and information during organizational changes.
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including expert executive communication and presentation skills.
- Having experience of working in the Public Sector space, along with a level of SC (Security Clearance) would be an advantage.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive operational excellence across the three pillars of Technical, Business and People Leadership
- Be an active member of the UK&I Technical and Public Sector Leadership Teams.
- Help meet regional revenue goals by driving technical programs and overseeing daily account activities.
- Uses all the tools at Cisco to help manage the operations & business (e.g. SFDC, Centro, …)
- Represent the SE community and be a spokesperson for and inspires all members of your team.
- Proactively develops a high-performing team while employing innovative methods to improve team performance—such as coaching, mentorship, and sponsorship development program participation.
- Enable sales by supporting new and existing opportunities through collaborating with key customers as a technical and professional advisor.
- Build and sustain contacts within Cisco BE’s, specialist technical resources, and between larger industry partners.
- Understand how the team directly impacts the business evidenced by qualitative and quantitative data and identify and explain trends using this data.
- Optimise the use of virtual resources to deliver commitments and drive results.
- Embrace and support the Apprentice & Graduate programs with rotation requests and providing a framework for them depending on their year.
- Provide a platform for EIC’s (Early in Career) to grow and be successful in their choice of career as an SE.
- Leads cross-functional projects within and beyond area of responsibility that help the UK&I business.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!