Systems Engineer (Intern) - Australia (various locations)
Location:North Sydney, Australia
Alternate LocationAdelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Start Date: Jan 2024
Internship locations: Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Perth / Brisbane/ Adelaide
Duration: 6 months (full-time)
Why You’ll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
Who You Are
● You have a strong interest in technology!
● You like to discover new possibilities with hardware and software!
● You love gadgets!
● You have an interest in learning & teaching people!
What You’ll Do:
● Working with the Cisco Sales and Engineering Team you will get 1st hand Pre-sales experience.
● Develop and build new product demonstrations.
● Troubleshoot possible issues in daily work-life.
● Bring new ideas to Cisco, our Partners and our Customers.
● Support in customer and partner visits.
What You Need To Be Eligible:
● Currently pursuing or actively enrolled in an advanced degree or certification - inclusive of Bachelor, Master, TAFE, community college, technical bootcamp or educated programs
● A technology enthusiast, enjoying talking about innovation and always keeping up with the latest technology news.
● A strong communicator with the confidence to engage and talk to a wide range of people.
● Enjoy looking at practical real-life challenges and think creatively to solve them.
● Approach situations with an open and curious mind, taking on challenges with an eye for opportunity.
● Programming skills are an advantage.
● Already CCNA certified is an advantage.
● Australian Permanent Resident Or Australian or NZ Citizen
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (38 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.