Systems Engineer - Enterprise Networking (Wireless) (1265047)
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestNetworking, Wireless, Mobility
The Business Entity
At Cisco customers come first, therefore an integral part of our DNA is building long-lasting customer partnerships. We work with our customers to identify their needs and provide solutions that support their success. We are seeking a proven state Systems Engineer. In this position, you will be facilitating the success of Cisco sales teams in selling specific products, software and technologies, related to your area of expertise, with measurable sales objectives for the customers you support. In this role, you will be responsible for seeking out and analyzing customer needs and match those to Cisco's technical capabilities. Your responsibility further includes the ability to showcase capabilities of the entire Cisco Switching and Wireless portfolio by crafting solutions to meet specific needs, setting up demonstrations, configuring products e.g. while executing proof of concept test and explaining features and benefits to customers. Cisco System Engineers is all about Inspiring Dreams, Accelerating Growth, Connecting the World, Recognizing Wins, Respect and Enabling you to be your best. Does this sound intriguing to you? Welcome to Cisco.
Who You’ll Work With
With us, you’ll be crafting and implementing new technologies and solutions for the growing world of IT. Collaborate as part of a diverse team located in Hamburg, to bring you and us to the next level.
What You’ll Do
In this highly crucial role as an Enterprise Networking Systems Engineer, you will:
- You Lead direct customer and partner relationships for assigned accounts
- You Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
- You Support customers and partners in preparing and answering RFIs / RFPs
- You Provide technical, consultative and architectural sales support
- You Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
- You Work with Cisco Development teams to bring new products, technologies and solutions to market, based on architectural approaches
- You Keep up-to-date on meaningful competitive solutions, products, software and services
- You Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Teams and provide consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers
- You are Having a high-volume activity and sense-of-urgency mentality.
- Ability to travel as required (~30%)
Who You Are
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) educational qualification or equivalent
- CCNA, CCNP, preferred
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English and German
- Experience in working with distributed teams
- Hands-On ability
- Strong “Get it done” attitude
- Cisco product and solution experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings, preferably in the Enterprise field
- Profound Pre-Sales experience
- In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in our Enterprise Networking and Wireless solutions
- Knowledge of relevant solution sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications
- Ability to work effectively, add new value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.