Systems Engineer - Enterprise, Networking - Vancouver, CA
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking, Security
Why you'll love Cisco
Cisco's vision is to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. We made the Internet what it is today, and our vision is even more relevant today than ever. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives.
We are entering the Internet of Everything era – where we will help create unprecedented value by connecting and securing the unconnected. The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything; here that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will have direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in an assigned territory. You will:
- Meet with customers to understand their key business objectives and challenges. Orchestrate technical activities and resources on your client’s behalf and provide architectural perspective across the Cisco portfolio.
- Collaborate with other federal team members on the strategy to solve the client's business, technical, engineering and operational needs.
- Develop and execute a full stack business and technical solution that is well differentiated from the competition. Champion and convey the best outcome vision to customer management, operations and engineering teams.
- Lead with use-cases, demos and prototypes to show how your solution impacts the customer’s business.
- Map out the technology solution, and roadmap the journey from where your customers is to where they intend to be.
- Provide active feedback about your client’s upcoming requirements to Cisco’s product development teams in order to influence product direction and strategy.
- Give technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects and assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Balance between volume & velocity transactions and complex multi-year strategic initiatives that incrementally advance the customer’s agenda.
- Continually develop your personal and technical skills based on regional market trends, ensuring these trends are reflected in strategies implemented and solutions offered.
- Conduct technology workshops, set up demonstrations and educate customers on the features and benefits of Cisco solutions in order to create demand for well differentiated outcomes.
Who You'll Work With
You will be a part of the Cisco Canada Systems Engineering Team. You will work with clients, as well as with our team members, including Account Managers, Business Development Managers, Product Sales Executives or Specialists in your account/territory/patch. You will work with your team and partners to provide best and optimized solutions for your customers.
Who You Are
A principled and high-performance individual who works collaboratively with Cisco and the client. You are passionate about technology and using it to achieve impacts that matter. You give your best, take bold steps, and give of yourself to benefit those around you. You are a true teammate and love to learn. Besides this, it is expected that you have:
1. Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- 5-10 years in our industry with relevant experience selling/designing/implementing Cisco solutions or similar technology solutions.
- Conceptual understanding of how the federal government operates and executes.
- A strong background in a broad range of solutions, with the ability to link business relevance across Cisco's full solution stack, which ranges across application analytics, infrastructure automation, networking, collaboration, hybrid-cloud and security, in order to enable zero trust architecture execution strategies
- Motivated self-starter that focuses on the success of the broader team while continuously finding ways to help other teammates.
- Excellent track record of successfully developing and selling technology solutions that achieve relevant client business outcomes.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills, working effectively within a cross-functional organization both internally and externally. Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member. Proven technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, listening, and strong presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Knowledge of baseline SE skills and knowledge in areas of specialization.
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-sales experience required. Knowledge and proven operating experience in one of the following areas of specialization: Routing & Switching, Security, Data Centre, Cloud, Automation, Unified Communications & Collaboration.
- Knowledge of relevant solution sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- Competitive knowledge (in your area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Industry recognized Certification is preferred.
We are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (35 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. A security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.