Systems Engineer - Data Platform - Cloud Security
Location:Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Additional Location(s)San Francisco, CA USA or Waltham, MA USA
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Business Entity
OpenDNS, now part of Cisco, is an Internet security company that’s transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. In 2012 OpenDNS launched Umbrella, a new line of cloud-delivered Internet security services that, for the first time ever, allow IT departments to extend security off the network and actually protect users wherever they roam. OpenDNS built Umbrella on top of our rock-solid foundation: the world’s most loved and trusted DNS service that’s used today used by 50 million people around the world.
This Data Platform team is responsible for the architecture, development, and implementation of the infrastructure used by our Data Platform. We build systems that process terabytes of data generated from billions of events every day, and we present it via unique reports and analysis tools.
● Experience building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
● Strong familiarity with systems engineering, grid/cluster computing and programming theory
● Excellent knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming
● Experience working with client/server side frameworks and platforms
● Experience with Linux configuration and tuning
● Experience with Nagios and Puppet
● Experience with Shell, Perl, Python, Java
● Experience with Hadoop, or other Big Data Technologies
● Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience