Systems Engineer - Data Platform - Cloud Security
Location:Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Additional Location(s)San Francisco, CA USA or Waltham, MA USA
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Business Entity
OpenDNS, now part of Cisco, is an Internet security company that’s transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more significantly, their users. In 2012 OpenDNS launched Umbrella, a new line of cloud-delivered Internet security services that, for the first time ever, allow IT departments to extend security off the network and actually protect users wherever they roam. OpenDNS built Umbrella on top of our rock-solid foundation: the world’s most loved and trusted DNS service that’s used today used by 50 million people around the world.
This Data Platform team is responsible for the architecture, development, and implementation of the infrastructure used by our Data Platform. We build systems that process terabytes of data generated from billions of events every day, and we present it via groundbreaking reports and analysis tools.
- Experience building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
- Strong familiarity with systems engineering, grid/cluster computing, and programming theory
- Excellent knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience working with client/server-side frameworks and platforms
- Experience with Linux configuration and tuning
- Experience with Nagios and Puppet
- Experience with Shell, Perl, Python, Java
- Experience with Hadoop, or other Big Data Technologies
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with outstanding personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired musicians. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.