Systems Engineer, Commercial & Public Sector (2 positions)
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You’ll Do
The Systems Engineer is a technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers, partners and Cisco Sales in Global Virtual Sales (GVS).
The Systems Engineer is familiar with a wide variety of Cisco products and technologies and is an ideally a specialist in at least one Architecture.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc).
- Pre-sales deal support, across all Cisco technologies
- Pre-sales engineering support in commercial and public sector markets for Japan working with Cisco VSAM and Partners in Japanese and English
- Escalation and communication to BU in English
- Participate and presentation in your relevant team meeting, trainings in Japanese or English
- Business travel to oversee countries to attend trainings or meetings
Role & Responsibilities:
You will be aligned to named customers and territories and lead the technical relationship with customers assisting with the develop their technical and business strategy. You need to create relevant documentation, provide presentation or demo in your deal support to provide the solution for customer / partner business challenges through appropriate collaboration with Cisco VSAM and specialist SE’s. There are also many technical inquiries regarding Cisco product information, specification, product selection for proposal and high-level system design that are also very important job in my team. You will also need to provide response for these types of technical inquiries.
You will also need proactively accruing technical / product and business knowledge as a Systems Engineer.
The fascinating things about this job
- Building your career as a Systems Engineer
- Work with many different technologies and customers
- Working in English in a global organization
- Various career path in Cisco globally
- Opportunity to travelling to oversee countries for the training / meeting
- Flexible work style (including Work from Home)
- Ideally BS, BA or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a pre-sales engineering role
- Broad IT knowledge across Cisco architectures (Enterprise Networking, Collaboration, Data Centre/Cloud & Security)
- Appropriate level of English communication skill to communicate with the colleague
- Strong leadership to contribute team growth
- Proactively self-learning motivation to catch up new technologies and products
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP and other industry certifications are a plus
- Understand the value of scripting, software and everything as a service
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience of working in English
- Communicate actively in both Japanese and English
- Strong aspiration to self-growth in global organization
- Innate curiosity and eagerness to never stop learning; at ease with a fast-paced work environment