Systems Engineer Cable and Media
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
The Business Entity
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
The role itself is targeted at the coverage and skillset of technologies. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provide consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
Working with a diverse team, you will helping your customer capitalize on emerging disruptive market opportunities including datacenter networking, enterprise and service provider technologies, internet of things/internet of everything, cloud based services (both consumer and business), network function virtualization and automated orchestration and management.
Role & Responsibilities
Responsibilities includes working with the account team to align Mexican properties with customers standards in design, platform, functionality.
● Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
● Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory.
● Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
● Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
● Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
● Quota carrying sales to Line of Business/Business Operations technology buyers for Service Providers in Mexico.
●Investigate, identify, and execute plans to build relationships with internal Sales teams and Business Units that support the larger customer.
●Develop Business Executive relationships with customers in assigned territory.
● Strong knowledge and experience in at least one of the following area's of specialization: security, datacenter, routing and switching technologies, virtualization, cloud, architecture definition, design and emerging technologies.
● Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications. Competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings.
● Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
● In-depth knowledge of baseline SE skills, Service Provider and covering large accounts.
● 4+ years-related experience. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
● In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
● Target candidate will be leading many strategic initiatives and should be confident, assertive and a team player.
● This candidate should be a self starter, able to work remote as part of a larger team and drive intimate and trusted customer relationships up to the Director level and above.
● Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
● English and Spanish is required.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.