Location:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Why you'll love Cisco
Cisco's vision is to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. We made the Internet what it is today, and our vision is even more relevant today than ever. We are entering the Internet of Everything era – a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything; here that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will have direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in an assigned territory. You will:
- Establish trusted working relationships with customers and partners. Meet with customers to understand their key business objectives, challenges, and what problems are driving them to seek solutions.
- Develop and execute full stack technical solutions that resolve customer business problems. Evoke and convey the best outcome vision to customer management, operations and engineering teams.
- Orchestrate technical activities and resources on your client’s behalf and provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco portfolio.
- Collaborate with other federal team members on the strategy to tackle the client's business, technical, engineering and operational needs.
- Lead with use-cases, demos and prototypes to show how your solution impacts the customer’s business. Map out the technology solution, and roadmap the journey from where your customers is to where they intend to be.
- Give technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects and assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Continually develop your personal and technical skills based on regional market trends, ensuring these trends are reflected in strategies implemented and solutions offered.
Who You'll Work With
You will be a part of the Cisco Canada federal government Systems Engineering team. You will work with federal clients, and with the extended Cisco team, including Account Managers, Business Development Managers, Product Sales Executives or Specialists in your account/territory/patch. Together, you will provide best and optimized solutions for your federal customers.
Who You Are
A principled and high-performance individual who works collaboratively with Cisco and the client. You are passionate about technology and using it to achieve impacts that matter. You give your best, take bold steps, and give of yourself to benefit those around you. You are a true teammate and love to learn. Strong candidates will have many of the following characteristics:
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- Five to ten years in our industry with proven experience selling/designing/implementing Cisco solutions or similar technology solutions.
- Conceptual understanding of how the Canadian federal government and public sector operates and carries out business. Experience working with the Canadian federal government preferred.
- Excellent track record of listening to customers, understanding their challenges and developing + selling technology solutions that address the whole problem. Pre-sales systems engineering experience preferred.
- Knowledge and operating experience with Cisco products or competitor offerings in one or more of the following areas of specialization: application analytics, infrastructure automation, networking, collaboration, hybrid-cloud and security.
- Combine consultative skills with technical knowledge. Seeking candidates with the ability to link a business relevant solution message across Cisco's full technology stack.
- Conversant about Cisco, Cisco solutions, product strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Motivated self-starter that focuses on the success of the broader team while continuously finding ways to help other teammates.
- Proven collaboration skills working internally and externally in a multi-functional organization. Ability to work effectively and contribute as a team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, listening, and strong presentation skills in English, French or both.
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and choose an effective course of action.
- Industry recognized certification is preferred.
- Ability to acquire Canadian Federal Government security clearance desired. Existing Canadian security clearance preferred.
We are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work together and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (35 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. A security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.