Location:Bellevue, Washington, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestService Provider
What You’ll Do
A Strategic IP Architect is a senior customer-focused technical professional with intimate knowledge of customer-specific business drivers and service provider networking environment, including adjacent technology and solution areas. You’ll act as a trusted advisor partnering with the account team and Customer Experience (CX) to demonstrate the business value of Cisco Service Provider solutions and architectures by aligning opportunities with a 3-5 year architectural vision.
Important Responsibilities Include:
- Architect, design and communicate a technical solution/vision and integrate that into existing customer networking environments.
- Skillfully demonstrate architectural vision to various levels with an organization (Engineering and VP level)
- Develop and communicate relevant business outcomes via written proposals, presentations, briefings, and demonstrations.
- Work in a cross-functional team with representatives from product management, sales, services, engineering and other organizations to spur innovation and development of the existing and future product sets.
- Participate in and drive cross-architectural design engagements to build and demonstrate cross-domain solutions.
Who You Are
- You have 10+ years experience in the SP networking space designing and architecting carrier-grade networks
- Knowledge of the telco industry and the current industry trends (5G, Cloud, etc)
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following network disciplines: IOS-XR, NCS 5500, Cisco 8000, Nexus, SR, SRv6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, SP technologies
- Additional desirable knowledge: Mobility, Mobile backhaul, Optical, Automation (NSO, Python, Netconf/Yang, Workflow Automation)
- Additional knowledge in Datacenter, Enterprise networking environments is a plus
- Understanding of Cisco processes and tools
- Excellent presentations skills at an engineering or executive level
- Proven relationship-building skills
- You can justify the business value of your proposed solutions and not just technical merit
At Cisco, we bring our uncommon talents to work as a team and make a difference.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with a point of view, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple-haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
@cisco #ciscojobs #wearecisco #publicsector
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.