Location:Miami, Florida, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security, Webex (Collaboration)
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything, from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact. You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
Global Enterprise Segment seeks a passionate Systems Architect (SA), that will work as a trusted advisor and partner to top Enterprise organizations. You will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. You will be an integral member of the team, working towards our common goals and demonstrating the business value of Cisco Services, Solutions, and Architectures by aligning opportunities with customer challenges and priorities. The end result is ensuring that this Cisco architectural vision addresses the desired new outcomes and capabilities that the customers need to support their business.
- You will gain access to the palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets including Healthcare, Retail, and Transportation
- You will collaborate with the Account Manager to recommend and lead solution development, including demonstrating replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- You will provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can use your technical specialization for specific opportunities.
- You will act in an increasingly consultative fashion and be looked to as a guide, or trusted technical adviser, in your field by the account team and customers.
- You will keep up-to-date on relevant competitors’ solutions, products and services.
- You will assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
Who You'll Work With:
You will work with a closely aligned Account Manager(s), relevant account teams across the globe, as well as serve as the lead advocate for these customer(s) within Cisco. You will coordinate with senior client leadership, industry partners, and other appropriate services and organizations to provide a vision in terms of technology focus and relationship development.
You will add value by proactively identifying business opportunities for the customer, conveying a firm understanding of the customer’s business drivers, displaying executive presence by building rapport and credibility; effectively influencing other people to accept a solution; clearly connecting solutions to business needs.
Who You Are:
- You have at least 5 years of networking/architecture and field experience working with named accounts as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
- You are a senior customer-focused technical and architectural engineering sales professional with knowledge of customer-specific business initiators and networking environments, including adjacent technology and solution areas.
- You have a deep understanding of the multiple industry trends.
- You are a strong collaborator and a great communicator.
- You have a Bachelor's degree from a reputable university or equivalent experience.
- You have Software Development Experience
- You will provide a consultative relationship with the customer and collaborate with Product teams to develop customer-focused architectures driving industry-wide innovation.
- You will lead the architectural sales motion associated with Cisco's technology strategy in alignment with key business drivers and market issues for individual customers.
- You will demonstrate business relevance to executive stakeholders.
- You will identify top opportunities and design top-down future state architectures and associated Cisco technical strategy.
- You will build creative architectural solutions to take on customer business problems.
- You will deliver and/or support the delivery of technical presentations to customers, as well as deliver architecture selling concept and methodology to customers
- You are passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology.
- You are a true teammate and love to learn.
- You have a knowledge of baseline SE/SA skills and in-depth knowledge in at least one adjacent technology including Data Center, Collaboration, Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
- You have knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- You have the understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Deep understanding of the customer business model and common financial challenges; ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers.
- Advanced understanding of Cisco vision and technology; articulate the vision from the customer perspective.
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including the ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment.
- You will share information about common replicable architectures that are most appropriate for assigned customers.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.