Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
About the role
The Systems Engineer role is a highly skilled customer-focused technical sales professional who provides in-depth technical information and specific design/implementation mentorship toe customers in a dedicated manner. The Systems Engineer role provides a sophisticated architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio, including software and services, leveraging knowledge of the broad Cisco portfolio as well as his / her technical specializations as needed. He / she collaborates with the rest of the sales ecosystem on strategic and sophisticated opportunities and coordinates additional resources (e.g. consulting specialists, demo labs, etc.) to recommend, develop, and propose appropriate customer solution and services offerings. The Systems Engineer acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as a trusted technical advisor by the account team and customer allowing the Systems Engineer to identify Cisco solution opportunities aligned to the customer's business goals. SEs are considered experts in one or more specializations.
In this highly transparent role you will be:
- Crafting Business Relevance
- Solution and Architectural Selling
- Building Competitive Intelligence
- Optimizing Sales Performance
- Working Across Boundaries
- Driving the Cisco Vision
What you will do
The Commercial Segment is a truly vibrant sales organization that covers the top accounts in the Enterprise, Growth and Scale. We service customers in the Financial Services, Retail, Logistics, Oil and Gas, Manufacturing and Conglomerate industries. This role is part of the West Commercial System Engineering team.
Who you will work with
With the Commercial System Engineering Team, you will be designing, implementing and empowering the next generation of communications and application delivery for India’s leading companies. You'll collaborate as part of a disruptive Sales engineering team. We offer exhilarating, inspiring, global, high impact, and uniquely broad opportunities for your growth.
Who You Are
This role requires:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent
- 8-11 years field technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent
- Sophisticated technical knowledge in the Networking (LAN/WAN/WLAN), Security and Datacenter (Virtualization, compute, storage) technologies.
- Proven self-starter and innovator
- Validated relationship building skills
- Team player
- Shown ability to focus and achieve goals
- Perform daily with the highest degree of integrity
- Formulate and communicate a solution / vision
- Experience working with and handling large enterprises and crafted/Architected solutions
- Understanding of Software Lifecycle and Recurring Business models
- Good communication Skills
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) preferable.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, ambitious steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!