Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Why You'll Love Cisco
Aside from the fact that Cisco was recently ranked #1 World’s Best Workplace, we change the world! We’re looking for a Systems Architect to join our team that is passionate about Cisco and our brand. With everything converting on the internet, making networked connections is more meaningful than ever, which is why we are fortunate for our employees’ groundbreaking ideas that help us grow day by day. From innovation in entertainment, retail, healthcare, education, to public and private sectors, we’re involved in it all. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities.
What You'll Do
- You’ll represent the region to corporate and sales leadership and use your experience and expertise to build Cisco's relevance in delivering solution development, partner ecosystem, marketing, etc.
- Lead and orchestrate Cisco and Partner resources to identify & qualify opportunities, close engagements to achieve product and services bookings targets
- Establish and maintain customer relationships at the executive / business decision maker level.
- Act in a consultative fashion and a trusted technical advisor by the account team and associated specialists in his or her sphere of influence.
- Lead compelling business cases to customers, maintain expert-level knowledge of all elements of the business case, including the drivers of cost, benefit and risk.
- Develop business value-based opportunities within targeted accounts - often over 12-36-month sales cycles.
- Share detailed execution plans and progress with field leadership and account teams.
- Provide regular reporting of account engagement progress on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
**US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED**
- Excellent understanding of Cisco products and solutions with 7+ years in systems engineering or architecture (pre and post sales).
- Minimum of 4 years in pre-sales account planning and experience in life cycle project planning.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- CCNP – CCIE strongly preferred.
- Ability to map the customers mission and priorities to Cisco solutions.
- Strong ability to influence internal and external resources and to collaborate with multiple account sellers.
- You are flexible to set goals and priorities between organizations.
- Strong prioritization skills with consistent track record of driving results.
- Ability to demonstrate value to the team and be seen as a go-to person for top issues.
- You excel at prioritizing issues based on business impact and collaborate with Operation Management team and extended team to seek issues
Who You’ll Work With
You will work with our Federal System Integrator Team and our engineers and architects to align the technology architecture to the customer's mission and ensure customer success by orchestrating resources to assist them in realizing the full value of their technology investment.
This role allows flexibility, customer engagement, groundbreaking technology and career mobility.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.